Beef up front end or....

butch74

Gat 89 Ford-150 and a Meyer plow to go with it.
Worried about sag and/or weight on the front end. Suggestions? Springs, shocks any info would
be helpful. If ya think I need to. any place good
on line to check out?

butch

cat320

2000 Club Member
You will have coil springs if i remember right about 150 fords and they do sell like a booster that goes inside the coils I think to beef up that front end.

HYDROCLEAN

I did see several Ford F150s driving by that had some sort of air bag inside the front coil springs. I was going to go that route but my truck has the shocks inside the coil springs, therefore I couldn't apply that type of air bag. So I picked up a set of much firmer coil springs for my Dodge. Try doing a search on front spring helpers for the F150. Good luck with it. Let us know how you made out.

Cwlo1448

They're called Air bags

I've got a '93 F-150, and I have the air bags installed. Its an easy job- maybe 2 hrs start to finish, and they do help a lot, especially considering how weak the F-150 front end is. They are made by Firestone, and I believe they are called "Coil Rite".
Take care,

Chris

SnoJob67

Beefing up suspension...

I'd suggest Muscle LSE load supports or Timbrens (same principle and basic design, but the Muscle LSE is cheaper).

Do a search on the two types and you will find much positive discussion. No air, no bag to eventually leak. Just my opinion, though.

Top Forums