Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,
After a long time, we decided to take our snow management back into our own hands.

We have a very disappointing buyout of a Meyer Homplow 26500 that broke after not even 8 weeks the mainframe and since now over 3 weeks we are waiting for a warranty swap.
Bumper Automotive tire Wood Composite material Automotive exterior
Bumper Automotive tire Gas Automotive exterior Auto part
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle Bumper
Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Bumper

Since the part is just scrap, I've looked for a better solution and I have decided for a used SnowDogg VMD 7.6.
Table Hood Automotive tire Wheel Vehicle

Car Sky Wheel Land vehicle Tire

It comes off a 2018 F150 so the mount fit, 300 miles and back for the pickup but i got the Dogg for 5100 CAD.
I wired the Main Harness my self in and the Mount by a local Shop for 75 CAD.
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Car Vehicle

We add a bit more Counterweight in the back and secure it with a 2inc board in front with 2x4 framing to the front of the box.
Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Car Hood
Wood Automotive lighting Bumper Automotive exterior Trunk

With the Weight in the back the truck is in line
Automotive parking light Car Tire Wheel Vehicle

First impression
very happy

Final looks like we have to hire a lawyer to get the $$ for the Meyer back or Fixed.

· Registered
8,557 Posts
Money back? I doubt it. Fixed? Maybe if you can prove it wasn't abused. Which will be hard since it does look like everything is pushed backwards from hitting objects or piles or both. Homeplow was never designed to do any type of commercial snow removal.

· Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Homeplow was never designed to do any type of commercial snow removal.
we don't do commercial the Homeplow was only used on our prived Lawn by my wife!!
i used some years b4 a red snowbear plow harder as my wife this meyer junk.
this Frame is definitely to tin for the job that it have to do

· Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Money back? I doubt it. Fixed? Maybe if you can prove it wasn't abused. Which will be hard since it does look like everything is pushed backwards from hitting objects or piles or both. Homeplow was never designed to do any type of commercial snow removal.
after close to 2 years Canadiantire payed the small claim....

· Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hi
short update on the F150 with the Snowdogg
on the point that i won't rip the 1/2 front in part's i splice in the harness by the passenger side fuse box to get the signal for the lights.
i got a relay block from amazon
71wzXHgXYTL._AC_SL1210_.jpg

so i need only to run some "doorbell wires" from there to the relay block under the hood.
here i got 12V from the Batterie via 15A fuse to the relays and from there to the plow lights.
the + on it is that the plow lights are separated from the truck harness (truck have l.ed lights + pole halogen)
the plow him self runs now in the 3. winter with no problems beside that the red market both Angle Relief Valves who got loose and need to be tide up.
Font Circle Drawing Auto part Diagram

so next snow is on the way to New Brunswick Canada ...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.