Back this year to our average snowfall totals

leigh

PlowSite Veteran
grandview;1756326 said:
Last couple years have been below,this year we are at "officially " 92 inches but its closer to well over 100 inches for the season.:drinkup:
Probably good news for you.Helps keep the seasonal prices at a reasonable level. We're at about 40" with another 5-10" tomorrow(depending on who you believe).Average here on coast is around 25",good year for us.Rock on:drinkup:

watatrp

I too am up around 90" for the season. Forecast says we may get above 32 degrees for the first time in a month it seems. Need some warm days to start melting these mountains of snow. I feel like I'm on vacation, it's been nearly 4 days since I plowed last.

leigh

PlowSite Veteran
The race is on! Just got a foot,then 1" overnight and 4" Sat. Somewhere around 50" + .Bring it on!

ALC-GregH

PlowSite.com Addict
I don't know the totals but I'm lovin it. I'm making more doing snow removal then cutting lawns in the summer. Of course we don't get hit hard like we have this year. I have customers telling me I'm having a great year this season. No problem getting paid either. I get my rate and usually a $10-20 tip.

OP
grandview

grandview

PlowSite Fanatic
golden_snowball_trophy2-737154-797335.jpg

leigh

PlowSite Veteran
We're "inching" up on the record! Just got one inch!Turtle versus hare. Time to head out!

Brian Young

PlowSite Veteran
We're still the snowiest city in the nation wesport....you can have it! Last I looked we were at 110" but that was over a week ago. Even local forecasters said areas like the snow belt which is a matter of a couple miles south of my house are well above that. Ive had so many people say we're having such a bad winter, I say no its just a typical (maybe a few inches more) winter. How soon they forget,lol

grandview;1760095 said:

The only year close to the average on that trophy was 2003-2004, for a city of at least 100,000 population, Syracuse, NY is the snow capital of the USA. Last Monday Syracuse got 5 inches, up by Lake Ontario we got over 2 ft in less than 24 hours. Lake Erie is almost froze over, stopping the lake effect, but Lake Ontario has a lot open water.

Top Forums