• PlowSite Homepage Upgrade

Hello again PlowSite community,

I wanted to post a quick note to let you know that the homepage of PlowSite will experience a major upgrade next week. We’re always looking for ways to improve our users’ experience on the site, and felt that this upgrade was needed and long overdue.

With this upgrade, you’ll now see the top trending posts as soon as you visit PlowSite, and these will be updated throughout the day. You can also easily access videos and photos. As always, we encourage you to include videos and photos in your own posts to share with your fellow PlowSite users.

Be assured that all of the forums, content and data that you’ve been accustomed to will remain intact, as will all current site features. You’ll also be able to easily access the full list of forums directly from our new homepage.

We’re excited to bring you this change, and look forward to hearing your feedback.

Thanks, PlowSite Team

back dragging

ABES

PlowSite.com Addict
The only plow that ive used that backdrags really well is a hiniker C plow they work awesome for backdragging.

RBRONKEMA GHTFD

2000 Club Member
What I usually do, and it works fairly well for me is, drive in drop the plow, and back blade out until I am out in the road, then with the plow still down I drive forward until I am about 3 feet from the garage door, then I pick the plow up, drive ahead about a foot, then drop it again and back blade out. Then I redo the steps again on the other side of the driveway. Like I said it works pretty good.

Ryan

yamaguy

RBRONKEMA GHTFD;519049 said:
What I usually do, and it works fairly well for me is, drive in drop the plow, and back blade out until I am out in the road, then with the plow still down I drive forward until I am about 3 feet from the garage door, then I pick the plow up, drive ahead about a foot, then drop it again and back blade out. Then I redo the steps again on the other side of the driveway. Like I said it works pretty good.

Ryan
Thats what I do as well, but be careful I pealed up some hardpack one time and almost put it into the garage door!

hydro_37

PlowSite Veteran
Get a Sno-Way with the down pressure. No going forward to break it up and several trips in and out to get it clean. Drop the blade, hit the DP switch, back up and your done. Clean the snow at the end of the driveway and off to the next one.

cameo89

hydro_37;520091 said:
Get a Sno-Way with the down pressure. No going forward to break it up and several trips in and out to get it clean. Drop the blade, hit the DP switch, back up and your done. Clean the snow at the end of the driveway and off to the next one.
A sno-way has what 250 lbs of down pressure? plus plow weight is what? apx. 490lbs=740lbs
most of your Boss & Westerns weigh about that.

Does the down pressure really work that well?

Yon