1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Back Drag Blade

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Todd Wilmsen, Dec 10, 2007.

1. Todd Wilmsen

Todd Wilmsen Junior Member
    from Midwest

Anyone have any feedback on a back drag blade?

I Have a Western Plow but the OEM Western Back Drag looks less quality than a couple after markets such as Back Drag Blades and Back Drag snow.com on the internet.

2. wahlturfcare

wahlturfcare Senior Member

3. NLS1

NLS1 Senior Member

I have a backdragsnow.com edge and it has oval holes so that the cutting edge doesn't need to be new. Works great on my Boss v plow, way faster back-dragging now and it does a better job scraping. Super easy install, only a few minutes, no drilling.

4. 92XT

92XT Senior Member

do a search by cliking on the top shaded grey line of this page.

5. made my own

piece of 3X3inch angle iron -- the width of the plow

Bolts run up thru the shoe holes.

This setup leaves the edge of the backdrag blade about a 1/4-3/8in higher
    than the cutter bar or agl.
    $40-50 at the most

someday to get some pics
    and then I will show off
    tc

6. PowerWagon

PowerWagon Senior Member

Does any one have it on an NorthMan plow? I hear some one put back drag bolted to the plow's shoe holes. Any one got picture on that?

7. Runner

Runner Senior Member

Thanks for posting that, Wahl...I posted on here somewhere just recently and asked if you could post a link to yours. I'm pretty sure that you had some video of yours in action too - if I'm not mistaken.

8. stevesmowing

stevesmowing Member