Snow Plowing Forum banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I wanted to bump this back up and let some of the members here know how things ended up turning out.

IF you look at the 2 links originally posted in my first post in this thread, you'll see they've been closed and I was dang near murdered for trying to get into snow removal. Not only was i told I would not succeed and that I didn't know a thing about it, but i was silenced as well when the threads were closed.

Success, I was able to start out and forced myself into making my own decisions while taking the beating from the guys who know best on this forum. Luckily i pursued and snow has been a fantastic income addition.

Let's be clear, all of my contracts to this point were worth my time and money, very little risk was taken from the get go, contrary to what some said.

I am glad I didn't listen to so many of the naysayers in my original posts that I linked above.

On top of that I had several pm's on this forum stating just the same thing, ignore the naysayers and get to grinding.

I wanted to share this for anybody else who might be in the situation I was in a few years back.

I hope the guys who got after me and had no consideration for my jumping into this game will step back and think about what they said as it very well could lead other folks getting into this, to not make the plunge. Do it!

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Good on you. Glad to see another hungry guy getting it done. FYI the growth cycle doesn't stop. You end up making bank but spending a lot of it getting more. Keep at it and good on you.

I will say this: for me the naysayers had a lot of value. I used their words to evaluate my dreams and to inform me of things I hadn't considered. Only you know you. One of the best lessons I've learned in business is to be smart enough to listen and evaluate what other people say because maybe I can benefit from it-even if I don't do what I'm told!

·
Registered
15,527 Posts
I always got a kick out of all the folks that I’ll send you a PM behind the scenes and answer the question you asked, or to criticize something they’re the same ones that won’t post or post very often on the public forum where their ideas opinions ore their helpful answers could be viewed by others.

Neyyy, neyyy neyyy, sayer…
Ok you got away with it,you got lucky, OK.
but did you make a living or did you just make some beer money on a side hustle?

Are you100% Legitimate?

have you “Made It”?

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Yes I make a living doing this and yes I am obviously legitimate. THat is the reason i came back to this thread 2 years later with the update.

You can call it luck if it makes you feel better but it was mostly just putting myself to the task that allowed me to succeed the first two seasons.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
This is my 4th year. Take a couple minutes to read this thread and the links i provided in the original post. the posts are dated and that will help you out before making random claims.

I'm not here to prove anything to you so if you can't understand how a guy makes money doing snow removal then maybe start a thread about it and get your answers.

I posted this to help some of the guys who want to get into this game.

·
Registered
15,527 Posts
This is my 4th year.

I'm not here to prove anything to you so if you can't understand how a guy makes money doing snow removal then maybe start a thread about it and get your answers.
You started this thread “ back ONE year latter” with with a chip on your shoulder don’t get all pissy when people start to ask you about it.

dude, I retired off snow $$$

3,109 Posts
Maybe my posts arent for you then sir.
I wouldn't go that far. I think there is value in your posts, especially to those that are just starting out. I find most of the posts on here to be helpful even if they are coming from people who's online presence doesn't coincide with mine. Either way, I think we can agree most people on here are here to help you/me/each other, even if their approach isn't as easy as it could be.

·
Registered
58,648 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
playing nice until hydro gets involved.

Yeah, you're right hydro, i started with the beater and now have a brand new plow, new salt spreader, and a solid truck. Tell me again how I can't afford better equipment vs what I used to start? Do you think before you type or just continue to make assumptions that aren't accurate?

21 - 40 of 40 Posts