Avalanche Danger

long0

I recieved an e-mail today reporting avalanche dangers.

This warning is in effect through Thursday morning. New snow in these areas ranges from 60 to 92 inches in the last 48 hours.
:eek: :eek:

Vicinity of Monarch pass in the Sawatch Range. A warning is also in effect for the Elk and West Elk mountains surrounding Crested Butte.

See Buffalo, your not the only ones that get 7 feet of snow
:D :D

Andy

shamrock1

60-92" In 48 Hours, You can have it........

At least you have wide open "God's Country" In the Rockies to spread the snow around.....

Can't say that it was any fun last year with all of that in the Metro-Buffalo area

Sounds like a perfect opportunity to Ski the Mountains....Wish I was closer..... :cool:

Roger Dodger

Oh, and here I thought you were warning us of the dangers of owning an Avalanche. Like getting ridiculed and spit upon, having the body panels keyed, not being able to use the vehicle for anything real other than picking up bread and milk at the corner store, etc. ;)

fastjohnny

avalanche

:) Yeh, Rodger, I hate the looks of those things too. But I have heard from some friends of my folks that have one with an 8.1 in it. They say it is way loaded with stuff, and like it better than the Suburban they traded in. In fact, I got the K&N air filter off the sub before it departed. But you wouldn't catch me in one. I try to stay at least 100yds away from an avalanche of any kind:nod: