ATV Pics with Plows Thread

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by sublime68charge, Jan 29, 2008.

1. Plowman19

Plowman19 Junior Member

Hello sublime68charge
    I run a highway snow plow. We have found if we mount our beacons as far back on the cab of the truck, this will lessen the effects of the flashing beacons on the driver. Personally I would not like having a flashing or strobe light out front. I would find it distracting.
    I have finally finished building my quad blade wing extentions. Which needs sandblasting and painting. But I intend to mount a 5 foot ish pole on the rear in my quad with a strobe beacon on it.
    I will try and post some pics soon.
    Regards.
    Plowman19

2. Plowman19

Plowman19 Junior Member

Hello Polaris500Sport.
    Love your side wing, I was wondering how you mounted it under the middle of the quad?
    Regards
    Plowman19

3. Scotrknevl

Scotrknevl Junior Member

I've had great success with the Boss VXT. But, have had to change the edge more often than I think should happen.

Polaris 850SP.jpg

EWSplow and NYH1 like this.
  4. MetcalfeEnterprises

MetcalfeEnterprises Junior Member

I built a V plow for my 450 Kingquad a few years ago. It pushes it really well. I was hoping to make it adjustable using linear actuators but to get actuators strong enough to take the loads was going to be an arm and a leg so I opted for the manual approach. It hasn't got a trip which I may still add, twice I've had an issue, once plowing in the early fall before the frost was in, it dug into the edge of the drive where the dirt rises up and sent me for a spin, didn't bend anything though. the next time I was blasting a pile back using momentum on a driveway lined by patio stones. One of those stones was raised about 3/4 of an inch and it sent my right over the bars. Bent one wing up pretty good, still works fine but started wearing the edge funny.

IMG_1792.JPG

IMG_1772.JPG

IMG_1550.JPG

iceyman, NYH1 and EWSplow like this.
  5. NYH1

NYH1 PlowSite.com Addict

Good job, that came out nice!

NYH1.