Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They also make smaller ones that can be used on a skidsteer

In my area, we quite often have hard packed snow and ice in the parking lots. This is due to the cold temperatures, getting a snowfall during the day and the vehicles packing it down all day before we can plow.

We have tried using a smaller skidsteer bucket to break it up but that doesn't really work too well.
I used my Henke plow on my wheel loader last week and was able to peel up most of the hard pack but it wore down my cutting edge real quick.

· Registered
109 Posts
I saw some information on a similar unit, last week at the New York State Farm show in Syracuse, NY. Don't remember the name but it worked on the same principle of this Arctic Shark. The pic showed being used on a skid steer, maybe 60-72". The sales rep said it comes from the Netherlands. Looks like it could be a pricey attachment, but they all have their place.

· Registered
109 Posts
Arctic Shark has a bigger one for a wheel loader or grader as well....pretty pricey though!!!
I saw some information on a similar unit at the New York State Farm Show in Syracuse, NY last week. I don't remember the name but the rep said it comes from the Netherlands. The pic showed it attached to a skid steer working on hard pack and ice on a sidewalk. Looks like a pricey attachment, but they all have their place.

· Registered
3,947 Posts
I had to use my scarifier bucket on my gravel driveway a few weeks ago due to ice. Once I got some traction, it worked fine. I don't see this "Shark" thing doing much damage to asphalt.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.