Arctic back blade/plow?

NYH1

PlowSite Veteran
I saw this video. I've always been a little interested in this type of back blade/plow. I have no experience with them. Is this a good setup, it seems to be in good shape. The back blade/plow part starts at 6:00.

NYH1.

Mr.Markus

PlowSite Fanatic
i had one of these and they are quite handy, but a little light for commercial work.
Being galvanised is what attracted me to it and its low weight so I could run it with the salter. Made a little mod of adding some canvas to keep the salt off the motor pump and.cylinder.
Im actually a lot quicker backdragging with the front blade, if you have little events they shine, too much spillage on anyrhing more than a couple inches.

OP
NYH1

NYH1

PlowSite Veteran
i had one of these and they are quite handy, but a little light for commercial work.
Being galvanised is what attracted me to it and its low weight so I could run it with the salter. Made a little mod of adding some canvas to keep the salt off the motor pump and.cylinder.
Im actually a lot quicker backdragging with the front blade, if you have little events they shine, too much spillage on anyrhing more than a couple inches.
Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I'm just kinda thinking out loud here. I do have some long narrow driveways that it would probably work really well in. It might slow me down in a few others though, just being on the truck.

NYH1.

BUFF

PlowSite Fanatic
Think Cheaneu in Thompson Manitoba runs one.

DeVries

PlowSite Veteran
We've got one for our jeep setup. It's light which works well for the jeep.
I believe we've had it for about 8 years, other than replacing the motor it's been reliable.

OP
NYH1

NYH1

PlowSite Veteran
There was a guy back in the mid 90's around here that had a back blade/plow on a square body K5 Blazer. Worked really well from what I remember. Haven't seen to many around here since then.

NYH1.

Top Forums