1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

    Dismiss Notice

application for bulk

Discussion in 'Eureka Fluid Film' started by DaySpring Services, Aug 21, 2007.

  1. DaySpring Services

    DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict
    Messages: 1,065

    I've got 2 gallons sitting around. I was just wondering if anyone came up with a good method for application yet. I tried the sureshot sprayer, didn't work too good. Ive thought about trying a wagner but not sure if I want to or not. Right now Im just applying it with my sure shot and a rag. Very mess process. If anyone has any better ways please let me know!!
  2. T-MAN

    T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict
    Messages: 1,363

    I heard good things about the Wagner, but I still think you need to cut it with something to spray it. I have also heard of warming it up some (then spraying it with the wagner.
    I got a gallon in my garage waiting for use to, seems like the cans are alot easier to use, especially when you have a couple cases.
  3. bltp203

    bltp203 Senior Member
    Messages: 484

    I was just about to order a Sure Shot when I read this post. So, what is happening that makes it not worth it?

    I would much rather buy bulk then a case or 2 of cans, but I would like to hear from someone who has a proven method of applying it.
  4. DaySpring Services

    DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict
    Messages: 1,065

    with the sureshot it just sprays in a stream, it wont mist it. Im going to try a using a paint spayer with my compressor eventually.
  5. Dano50

    Dano50 PlowSite.com Addict
    from CA
    Messages: 1,270

    The paint sprayer is really going to be your best bet, since Fluid Film is about the same viscosity as a house paint. I've heard good things about the Wagner's.
  6. JD Dave

    JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic
    Messages: 11,194

    You can buy a rust spraying gun that runs off an air compressor from most auto part stores. It holds about a litre and it comes with a 2-3ft rubber hose with either a nozzle on the end. A shutz gun works alright but applies the product too thick IMO.
  7. fencible39

    fencible39 Junior Member
    from W. Mass
    Messages: 15

    I used a Wagner paint sprayer and the result was much like the Sureshot, more stream than spray, but I did like the fact that I could spray a lot of the truck at one time laying on my back. An air compressor sprayer would probably mist better.

    Once you get this stuff on the outside of a sprayer it's pretty hard to hold it.. :nod:
  8. Dano50

    Dano50 PlowSite.com Addict
    from CA
    Messages: 1,270

    We've received some pretty good tips from users about different spraying apparatus. We are going to do some testing ourselves to start being a little more specific in recommendations.
  9. Chris-R

    Chris-R Senior Member
    Messages: 321

  10. JD Dave

    JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic
    Messages: 11,194

    That will work but they sell rust proofing guns with a bottle attached to them to refill. They work better IMO. They have a small rubber hose with a spray fitting on the end. You can also make put quick disconnect ends on it so you can change to different wands. If you take your tail lights out, you can stick the wand right to the front of your box. Most auto part stores also sell the rustproofing plugs for your doors and door sills.