Snow Plowing Forum banner

Anyone use a plan B

2K views 17 replies 14 participants last post by  KJ Cramer 
#1 ·

#2 ·
Found this vid yesterday on youtube myself. Was wonderin same thing but ive got enough stuff in my truck to keep two trucks up and running, seems like a much better plan

#6 ·
that is nice if you have a hydraulic failure to get back to the shop or something but you cant plow like that haha. cnat angle :confused:

#8 ·
I guess it would work if you had a few places you really had to finish up but a ratchet strap or hand cable winch is definetly faster to get yourself home

#9 ·
EaTmYtAiLpIpEs;1022844 said:
that is nice if you have a hydraulic failure to get back to the shop or something but you cant plow like that haha. cnat angle :confused:
You actually could get thru your whole route, You'd just have to manually angle the blade by driving into a curb slowely and letting the crossover's do the work... As long as you plowed smart it actually is a pretty good plan b IMO

#11 ·
deere615;1022909 said:
I guess it would work if you had a few places you really had to finish up but a ratchet strap or hand cable winch is definetly faster to get yourself home
haha had to do that with my old gmc. pump went on the mm1. so I had to hit the blade against a snowbank to get the plow up chained it off got it to my buddies shop and repaired it.

#14 ·
Whats the cost? Pretty sure an emergency parts kit is cheaper, and probably take just as much time to fix the problem.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.