Snow Plowing Forum banner

Anyone use a 3rd Generation PowerWagon?

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  SnoFarmer 
#1 ·
Just curious to see if any plows with the new power wagons? I kinda like them. I wonder how they would perform while plowing?

#3 ·
The winch would get in the way of the plow mount.:waving:

#4 ·
RidehardNY said:
Just curious to see if any plows with the new power wagons? I kinda like them. I wonder how they would perform while plowing?
I bought a reg cab Power Wagon last fall. I thought it would be the bomb, 4.56 rears locking differentials, the hot set up. After repeated trips to the dealer, making certain the mount would fit with the winch, etc, I bought the I bought the flame red beauty. I got it home and reading the paperwork (didn't do my due diligence, trusted the dealer) I found out that installing a plow on this truck would void the warranty. I made the dealer take the truck back as he knew what my intentions where (to put a plow on it.) The extended cab version power wagon is plow capable however. The added weight of the winch changes the weight distribution on the regular cab so that with the addition of a plow the front axle weight exceeds 62% of the gross vehicles weight in violation of the FVMSSA. So Dodge can't legally certify the truck for snowplow use.

#5 ·
well there you go... an answer..:waving:

With all of the added goodies on the PowerWagon you would think it would be a good truck for plowing. But the price?:dizzy: To make a plow truck out of a new truck?
I think, I will have to wait a few years to find a good used one,
Extended cab that is.

#8 ·
SnoFarmer said:
well there you go... an answer..:waving:

With all of the added goodies on the PowerWagon you would think it would be a good truck for plowing. But the price?:dizzy: To make a plow truck out of a new truck?
I think, I will have to wait a few years to find a good used one,
Extended cab that is.
once the warranty is gone put a plow on the reg. cab. The Gov. tests everything in the production "turn key" state. They don't add ballast, or turn the o/d on or off, I don't think they even adjust the seats. I don't think te issue was mechanical, I think it was regulatory. Warrantying the truck w/plow prep would be in violation of the FVMSSA. You are not a manufacturer, and are not required to even know about the existence of the stupid bloody thing.

It is a heck of a truck, I enjoyed the little bit I drove it. Them 456s are a hoot. I beat it'll pass anything but a gas station.

#9 ·
basher said:
once the warranty is gone put a plow on the reg. cab.
I beat it'll pass anything but a gas station.
Yea!!... But you could take any route you wanted, to get there..:drinkup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.