Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a bunch of narrow residentials. This past winter i had to break out the tractor and blower for many of them due to the amount of snow we got. 3 weeks of looking over my shoulder and i decided to get rid of the tractor and blower and bought a skid steer. I still need to pick up a blower for it but stumbled into an 84" snoVac nearly new for about the same price of a skid steer blower. Just wondered if anyone has any experience with them? I think it would be the cats ass for many of my properties......

https://www.snowvac.com/snowvac_01.php

· Banned
13,443 Posts
I have a bunch of narrow residentials. This past winter i had to break out the tractor and blower for many of them due to the amount of snow we got. 3 weeks of looking over my shoulder and i decided to get rid of the tractor and blower and bought a skid steer. I still need to pick up a blower for it but stumbled into an 84" snoVac nearly new for about the same price of a skid steer blower. Just wondered if anyone has any experience with them? I think it would be the cats ass for many of my properties......

https://www.snowvac.com/snowvac_01.php
Lots of guys got pickup truck blowers. Since you already invested in the skid it's a tough call.

· Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
But if this truck blower will work as good or better than a skid without dragging a trailer around and sometimes having to back down half mile dead end roads it might be a smart move.......

· Banned
13,443 Posts
Sometime you got to here more about your situation. I was thinking you might be roading the skid. If you got to drag it on a trailer most definitely not. Create nothing but a PITA for yourself not to mention the time you will loose loading and unloading.

· Registered
60,265 Posts
How much time do you have?

· Registered
60,265 Posts
I dont think 38 hp would have enough power for banks or heavy snow .
Hence the question regarding time.

If the OP wants a blower that is going to be efficient with his time, he better start looking for an airport blower.

· Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hence the question regarding time.

If the OP wants a blower that is going to be efficient with his time, he better start looking for an airport blower.
I have access to a Unimog if **** gets real. These are strictly vacation homes with a 6" threshold. No real hurry to get them done.....

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.