1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone Have a Titan XD?

Discussion in 'Import and Other Trucks (Light Duty)' started by plowguy43, Dec 25, 2016.

1. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Just wondering if anyone has purchased one of these with the intentions of plowing with it? I can't find any info online about the Front axle weight rating or any plow manufacturers offering a plow for it yet.

2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

I don't know anything about them, do they even offer a plow package?

3. ktfbgb

ktfbgb 2000 Club Member

Saw this and it made me curious so I looked up the truck. Couldn't find a front axle weight rating either.

Snow plow prep isn't an option.
    Heavy front springs is an option which I'm guessing is for the diesel powered models.

I read a couple articles by car and driver and another magazine as well as a press release from Nissan all stating that it is between a 1/2 ton and 3/4 ton truck. So the auto mags are now making fun of it and calling it a 5/8 ton truck.

The Cummins that is available for it is a 5.0 V8 diesel.

I'm guessing that the front axle weight isn't readily available to consumers because it's not really meant for this type of service? Especially since they don't offer plow package, and Nissan is touting it as a luxury vehicle.

I guess my question is why would you buy one? Not being a jerk, just logically it doesn't make sense to me. List price is $44,000 to $61,000. So same price as a HD truck from the big 3 but it's a lesser truck, with a smaller engine, and less towing and payload. Most likely why, according to car and driver, why Nissan sells as many titans in a year as Ford produces every 5 days lol. Just sayin.

4. Avalanche 2500

Avalanche 2500 Senior Member

2016 Titian XD crew cab SL diesel Front axle is 4900 ( lbs).

plowguy43 likes this.
  5. FredG

FredG PlowSite Veteran

I'm not so sure it would be the good for moving snow. Maybe with some modifications but why bother at that price. They are fast and fun to drive tho.

6. boutch

boutch Member

Screenshot_20161226-115210.png

Wow those truck are heavy. It weights as much as a ram 2500 crew cab 4x4 diesel.

7. FredG

FredG PlowSite Veteran

Good God, I guess they are heavy enough, This could be a player in moving snow,

8. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Only reason I was asking is I'm looking to pick up a nicer daily driver to serve as a backup if necessary. This popped onto my radar because a local dealer is marking them down 25% off MSRP putting a loaded diesel crew at $35k with a decent warranty as well. Looks like a really nice truck on the interior, exterior is ok.

9. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

10. ktfbgb

ktfbgb 2000 Club Member

7738 I believe is the exact number

11. ktfbgb

ktfbgb 2000 Club Member

Sorry 7,678 is the exact weight

12. JustJeff

Ya, I knew it was somewhere around there. Thanks.

13. JustJeff

That's not a bad price at all for a loaded diesel truck that's heavier duty than a half-ton and comes with a 5 year 100K warranty.

ScubaSteve728 and plowguy43 like this.
  14. ktfbgb

ktfbgb 2000 Club Member

Yes that price makes more sense. The 44-60k I saw didn't make sense. But that's what a nice 1/2 ton costs so depending on how it drove that might change my mind on it.

plowguy43 likes this.
  15. boutch

boutch Member

I was comparing to my 07 3500, quad cab 4x4 5.9l long bed at 7012 lbs. Wow those newer ram gain some weight.

16. JK-Plow

JK-Plow Senior Member

Nissan says they can have a snow plow without any extra equipment or plow package required. They have been saying that since before they were available for purchase. Nissan has an 8 foot Fisher on one of their trucks, painted black to match the truck and also so you don't know what brand plow it is. Local Fisher dealer was telling me about the truck. I don't know if there are any plow dealers that want to work on a mount for them. But from what I understand, they handle the plows with no problem. I've been looking at them.

17. TitanXD

TitanXD Junior Member

Has anyone heard anything new about availability of a plow for these? I wrote to Fisher a couple of months ago but haven't heard anything new.