• Vaccine Priority For Essential Snow & Ice Workers?
    Concerned about COVID-19 and/or potential labor shortages? Click here for a letter to health departments from SIMA emphasizing your priority for the COVID vaccine as an "essential" worker.

Anyone get to use a Gator yet?

eggy

I know we talked about this earlier in the year. I was wondering if anyone went ahead and bought one and has "feild tested" it yet. Curtis seems to make a lot of goodies for the gator. Let me know! Thanks.

[Edited by eggy on 03-06-2001 at 02:13 AM]

bob

PlowSite.com Veteran
I bought one last year. Its got 9 factory and 2 non-factory options. I use it for mulching, pulling a tow behind aerator and getting firewood for my house. Its great in the snow. I pulled 2 of my sons friends around on sleds for about 4 hours one night. I'm currently using it to help a friend do tree work. He can't take his big truck out on the property, so we put all the debris on a big tarp and pull the tarp back to his truck and chipper with the Gator. It goes through everything. What is the Curtis company?

OP
E

eggy

they make plows and cabs for Gators, to be honest I have looked at all angles of getting into snow removel...and so far to handle our commercials we mow such as gas stations, banks etc. The gator seems to be a good choice..I wonder if it plows well? The most we ever get is about 5 inches..hmmm ere is the curtis site http://www.curtiscab.com

bob

PlowSite.com Veteran
I use my Grasshopper with a plow for my large driveway and the neighbors driveways. The ZTR feature seems like it would be better than a normal tractor/gator setup. I remember seeing those curtis cabs at my local dealer.

Red_Rattler

IT might take it little while to do it, but i think it wouldn't have that big of a prob, since you could get the 6X4 with the diesel motor, the only thing i would question is the belt drive, and how long it wouls last, ans stand up to it, but i think it would work though good luck