anybody plow today

John DiMartino

PlowSite.com Veteran
Ground was to warm,only got 1" in grass,this was a PITA,get loaded and ready for nothing,i didnt even bother mounting the spreader,this time,i finally got smart.

Mick

PlowSite.com Veteran
We were supposed to get snow last night. I put the plow on before I went to bed last night and this morning - nothing. Supposed to get 1"-3" tonight - then 3"-5" tomorrow. So I left the plow off tonight.. Maybe??

Maverick

Anybody plow today?

How about the last 4 days. Sunday we had a record breaking storm in Anchorage, Alaska. 28.6 inches in a 24hr period. The old record was like 16 inches in 24hrs. Been plowing my a@@ off Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday. Finally got some sleep on tuesday. Its warm today again like yesterday. 40 degrees. Its melting fast. Got over 150hrs plowing this winter.:D

cat320

2000 Club Member
I was out, had alot of fun pushing slush by storms end, seams to me this is how the winter started. does any one seam now that we have gone full circle now?

John Allin

PlowSite.com Addict
We got 4" yesterday afternoon.
They are still calling for 6-10", however as of 2:30 AM nothing is happening.
Still a nice one as we salted all afternoon yesterday, and we be salting 'em all again this morning.

thelawnguy

PlowSite.com Addict
We had heavy snow squalls last night, 2 inches on the grass, but the temps were in the 30s after reaching 60 yesterday so whatever hit the pavement melted. Then it turned windy and cold (15F now) I was up at 4 just in case ice was an issue but the high winds dried the pavement before ice could form.

Screwy weather...

we got 1-2" last night. enough to plow and salt our bsinesses. chardon area north of us got 4-6". lake erie snow warning still in effect for tonight. another 1-2", and 4-6" in lake erie snow belt area.

oh, and BTW, i knew this would happen. call our guys back to start the lawncare/landscaping season, work 3 days, then it snows. expecting colder weather through early next week(i dont care so long as the snow on the lawns is gone-LOL). oh well, at least we made some money last night. better than nothing i guess.

Klankster

:) Hey Guys, there saying another possible big storm here in New England for Tuesday night into Wed. morning. I hope this is the big one finally. Farmers almanac shows for in this time frame a heavy snow storm. 2 feet would really be sweet. Keep your fingers crossed. Later.
94 F350 4x4 Reg. Cab, PSD engine (with Amsoil 15w40), 5 speed stick, Diamond 8 1/2ft plow with Slik Stik control on the gear stick

yep obryan, i knew your guys were out, because i saw one of them driving down rt. 91 in stow.
only recognized because of the isnignia on the truck. looked like a chevy 3/4 ton with a stainless steel insert spreader. by the way, i like the logo!