1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

    Dismiss Notice

Antique Plow!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Guggy, Oct 1, 2003.

  1. Guggy

    Guggy Junior Member
    Messages: 17

    Hi guys! Where can I find hydraulic parts for my old plow? I picked up a used meyer plow that is a straight hydraulic system. They tell me they arn't made anymore. The plow is a ST-90. I need the control valves. The up/down was included, but the valve for angling was not included. I paid $100.00 for a pile of parts so I knew there would be some "sweat equity". Anybody got any ideas? I am unemployed, due to the current, and can't afford to spend a lot of money. Thanx in advance for your help.

    ...Guggy (Larry)
  2. Garagekeeper

    Garagekeeper Senior Member
    Messages: 459

    Meyer Control Valves

    Welcome to Plowsite Guggy!
    Which old Meyer pump system do you have, the one with the separate valve or the older style with the tank mounted valve?
    Just need a little more info to be of any help to you.
    :rolleyes: John.......
  3. Guggy

    Guggy Junior Member
    Messages: 17

    Hi John...Thanx for replying to my problem. The valve that I have is the "up and down" control. It is mounted on a bracket that bolts to the wheelwell of the truck. A pressure hose runs to the pump mounted on the front of the engine. The tank is mounted separate and only has 2 hoses connected to it. There is no valve mounted on the tank. The one valve that I have seems to be jury rigged and I think it is supposed to be "mated" to the angleing valve. If I am right I think I need a matched set of 2 valves that are controlled by the 2 plunger rods that run into the cab of the vehicle. Thanx again for any future HELP! RSVP ASAP
  4. Santo

    Santo Banned
    Messages: 255

    Talk about antique.Drop this puppy on the ground and it will go to pieces.

  5. Guggy

    Guggy Junior Member
    Messages: 17

    Santo...Yes, that's exactly what I have! It's all I can afford. ($100.) My company folded after 37 yrs. The better half won't let me buy a better one until I get a job. Any help with this project will be much appreciated. Thanx for the pix. I am going to use the plow at home only. Some people rebuild old cars. This is going to be my "hobby plow". Any helpers? Thanx
  6. Santo

    Santo Banned
    Messages: 255

    Have fun,and good luck on the job part.It's getting rougher and rougher what with all these aliens arriving.We should try to take more care of our own country first.There are veterans out there who literally shed their own blood for our country who are in poverty .

    Good Luck.
  7. Guggy

    Guggy Junior Member
    Messages: 17

    Thanx Santo...You hit the nail on the head!
  8. Rooster

    Rooster Member
    from Kansas
    Messages: 650


    Check out http://www.snowplowing-contractors.com/ the site is owned by Chuck Smith a moderator here and sponsor, or email him, he may have some ideas for you to follow up on.

    Good Luck

  9. Jerre Heyer

    Jerre Heyer Senior Member
    Messages: 948

    Guggy, If Garage keeper can't help I have several of the older meyer valve units on the shelf. Already ganged and seperate. If yours had a fitting in one side and out the other or in one end and out the other with the plow hose coming out the top you need a remote valve. If it has no fittings on the ends or side just o-ring grooves you need a stack unit. I'll try to snap some picts of the options for you tommorow. Jerre
  10. Guggy

    Guggy Junior Member
    Messages: 17

    Thanx alot for replying Jerre...I am not sure what type I have. It looks like the last owner made a filler gasket between the U/D valve and the bracket out of plastic. I think the U/D valve is suppose to be married to the angle valve. If you would send pix it would be a great help. I would just as soon like to get a good set of both valves. Have a great nite and I'll be looking for the pix tomorrow. (I will be online tonite until 10:00 p.m. cst) Thanx again for you're help.

    ...Guggy : )> :waving:
  11. seawood

    seawood Junior Member
    Messages: 4

  12. Guggy

    Guggy Junior Member
    Messages: 17

    Thanx for the help "Seawood"..I'm a little afraid of ebay, but that does look like what I need. I was wondering why the valves had 3 handles. I'm going to keep my purchasing options open, as maybe I can do better $$.

    Anybody else out there with any ideas?

    Also waiting to hear from you garageman. Please RSVP:help:
  13. Garagekeeper

    Garagekeeper Senior Member
    Messages: 459

    Meyer valve & Control Rods

    Guggy can probably be of some help to you with getting you a valve.
    Just e-mail for info, or open up your Private Messaging so we all can communicate.
    :rolleyes: John........
  14. Jerre Heyer

    Jerre Heyer Senior Member
    Messages: 948

    Guggy, Here's a few types to choose from. Let me know if you want individual picts. jerre

  15. Guggy

    Guggy Junior Member
    Messages: 17

    Jerre..Thanx for the pix. Could you please take individuals of the 2 middle ones? I have a hard time making out the short levers that I need to attach the control rods to. Sorry to be a "pain". We can communicate via email if you want to. Is that the correct email address on your pix post? Thanx alot. ...Larry:nod:

    Have a great weekend one and all! :D
  16. Jerre Heyer

    Jerre Heyer Senior Member
    Messages: 948

    Larry, No problem will take the picts over the weekend and try to get them on to you. yes the email is correct. Jerre
  17. slplow

    slplow PlowSite.com Veteran
    Messages: 594

    I think a valve from the fisher system would work for you and if your pump went south on you fisher still make the pumps.
  18. wyldman

    wyldman Member
    Messages: 3,265

    What about a cheap double spool valve setup (with float) from a hydraulic supplier.I have used them before as they are way cheaper than most plow parts.