Another XLS and Vx2 question.

LR3

The stars indicate push points where I make piles to later push up on the grass. Im in the market this year for my first brand new plow and I'm torn between the Fisher XLS and the 9.5 Fisher VX2. The small rooftops you see along the road are carports so I have to push the snow to the 'stars'. It is a large property and I have a lot of designated areas to push the snow. What is the better of the two for this type of application. It's my biggest property so I prefer to buy the one that suits this type of plowing best. Thanks for any replies to help me decide.

Screen Shot 2015-09-12 at 12.54.40 PM.jpg

OP
LR3

LR3

ScubaSteve728;2026040 said:
xv2 for sure. xv2 can stack very very high in scoop mode. the XLS is more suited for large open lots.

I've seen tons of vids on both. And I like how they both work. Are you saying this from experience? Have you used both. Thanks for the quick reply.

OP
LR3

LR3

1olddogtwo;2026044 said:
Ive owned both of their counterparts, two WO's and MVP plus and 2 MVP3. The MVPs are stacking champs. Check my video on utube.

Been watching your vids for some time. I love them. What about the extensions, recommended? I'm putting the new plow on a 2015 dually pickup, should I add weight in the back?

JoeG3

I have a XV2 and like said above it can make huge stacks without needing to have heavy equipment on site until well after the storm. I have one photo I will post later from the end of my personal drive, 1 car wide about 50 feet from the street to the end where I stack, my mid season stack was about 3-4 feet above my truck.

OP
LR3

LR3

JoeG3;2026056 said:
I have a XV2 and like said above it can make huge stacks without needing to have heavy equipment on site until well after the storm. I have one photo I will post later from the end of my personal drive, 1 car wide about 50 feet from the street to the end where I stack, my mid season stack was about 3-4 feet above my truck.

Aah, I see what you mean.

Buswell Forest

PlowSite.com Addict
You want the XV-2 and the pin on wings to make it 11 feet wide in straight blade position.
I had piles 12 feet high last winter.

1olddogtwo

PlowSite Fanatic
dieselss;2026119 said:
If we put wings on ours, we'd carry more so NAH.

Are you still mad that I had to plow the entire state of Indiana after the last blizzard cause you and the state use straight blades?

unless it bends in the middle, its a straight blade.

hows mamma and the new little one doing?

gtmustang00

Since you have to turn to put the snow. Go with the XLS. The v plow you can't angle in full scoop. I own XLS and Extreme v 9'6. XLS is better when you have to place the snow.

Top Forums