Snow Plowing Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Well, that's the plow side wiring. So you still need wiring for the truck side that connects to those. Unless you have something additional not shown in the photos.
Pictures show everything I got, so 13 pin controller and a pos/neg harness for main power for x vehicle?
Anywho. Let's start over. Pick your truck first, then come back and tell us what that truck is. Then you can worry about truck side pieces.
I already own many trucks and have done my fair share of plowing so I understand the +s and -s of a plow truck. That being said most likely a 1986 F350 4x4 or a 1991 squarebody Blazer. A very long sidewalk and back drag a couple of driveways is planned intended use.

Side note.. If I can get a push beam and mount for most any vehicle I have the ability to adapt it to whatever truck I end up using. I'm leaning 86 Ford.

·
Premium Member
15,191 Posts
Pictures show everything I got, so 13 pin controller and a pos/neg harness for main power for x vehicle?
So, in your photos you don't show anything for the truck side. So, at a minimum you'll need:

Mount
Main 13 pin harness
2 pin power/ground cable
Solenoid
13 pin V plow controller
Battery cable from solenoid to battery

Ideally if you want the lights to work, you'll also need the correct headlight adapter and headlamp switch.

Everything for the truck side electrical comes in 1 kit (Part # MSC25000) except for the headlight adapter and controller. Some (much) newer applications than what you mention may use a different 13 pin harness and no headlight adapter as @Ajlawn1 said.

I already own many trucks and have done my fair share of plowing so I understand the +s and -s of a plow truck. That being said most likely a 1986 F350 4x4 or a 1991 squarebody Blazer. A very long sidewalk and back drag a couple of driveways is planned intended use.

Side note.. If I can get a push beam and mount for most any vehicle I have the ability to adapt it to whatever truck I end up using. I'm leaning 86 Ford.
Well, it'd be much less work to source the correct pieces in the first place rather than try to cut/weld/modify a totally different kit. Though for the age vehicles you are talking about, you may have difficulty find them used. And possibly difficulty finding them new. So fab may be required anyway.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Well, it'd be much less work to source the correct pieces in the first place rather than try to cut/weld/modify a totally different kit. Though for the age vehicles you are talking about, you may have difficulty find them used. And possibly difficulty finding them new. So fab may be required anyway.
Thanks for all of the info. And as far as

"Though for the age vehicles you are talking about, you may have difficulty find them used. And possibly difficulty finding them new. So fab may be required anyway."

I agree with you 100%. I have newer nicer trucks but as this is pretty much going to be a "yard mule" with occasional use I figure one of the older trucks needs to earn it's keep.
Thanks again for everyone's help.

·
Registered
14,150 Posts
So, in your photos you don't show anything for the truck side. So, at a minimum you'll need:

Mount
Main 13 pin harness
2 pin power/ground cable
Solenoid
13 pin V plow controller
Battery cable from solenoid to battery

Ideally if you want the lights to work, you'll also need the correct headlight adapter and headlamp switch.

Everything for the truck side electrical comes in 1 kit (Part # MSC25000) except for the headlight adapter and controller. Some (much) newer applications than what you mention may use a different 13 pin harness and no headlight adapter as @Ajlawn1 said.

When did the RT3 come out?
He could also check frame widths and find one similar, or shim the push beam.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts