1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

    Dismiss Notice

ANOTHER insurnace question

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by shott8283, Nov 17, 2009.

  1. shott8283

    shott8283 Senior Member
    Messages: 258

    ok.. so im taking the plunge and switching my truck to commercial "landscape" insurance..

    im not 100% on the actual coverage amounts since I have to go sign the paper and get my temp cards..

    for full coverage for my truck and 0 deductible, commercial, will be 180 a month..

    my question is, since im not getting GL insurance(not yet anyway,,advised by my agent), could i still advertise as "fully insured" or "insured" on my flyers, cards, etc etc???

    i guess i can advertise whatever I want.. but truth in advertising might be to my benefit here. i know GL is a different story, but plowing for money for residential and LIGHT commercial, my agent has advised me that commercial truck will be just fine ...

    im thinking i can. since technically i am insured more then joe shmoe

    thanks guys
  2. grandview

    grandview PlowSite Fanatic
    Messages: 14,609

    Time for a new agent. Why would you go with a zero deducible? You agent will make more on it!

    Go with at least 500.00 deducible

    Make sure it has snowplowing to not just landscaping.

    Why no GL? does he not sell it?

    If you need another opion I'll PM you my insurance company
  3. shovelracer

    shovelracer Senior Member
    Messages: 525

    The snowplow rider on your vehicle is not enough to conduct business. Half the guys on here dont have the right protection, but if you value your way of life you will get yourself protected. Agreed you should ask another company.
  4. JacobChristian

    JacobChristian Junior Member
    Messages: 2

    GL is probably more important than anything else. This is the only coverage that will protect you when you get sued for someone slipping and falling! GL is typically cheaper in IL than commercial auto.

    And I agree, get a 500 ded ;-) I have 1000 to keep costs way down.
  5. forestfireguy

    forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict
    Messages: 1,276

    DEF should have a ded....500-1000 is pretty standard. And unless you are fully insured don't advertise it......., GL is a must and comared to the $2100yr + you're spending on the auto it's cheap. Maybe you should call your agent and ask him to give you a 500 ded and add GL, bet it comes close to the same money per month and then you are really "covered"
  6. shott8283

    shott8283 Senior Member
    Messages: 258

    im a ******.. just got done looking at the quote for the 3rd time

    it was 180 down to start the policy.. and then and increase of 30 dollars of what im already paying now for full coverage regular insurance..

    my monthly payment would be $80 a month.. and im still not sure on the deductible..

    i think it was 0 deductible for theft of the plow and glass (full) and then 500 for collision, property damage etc.

    im going to call him today and double check..