Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any information the issues with American Rock Salt-Scranton location? Availability has been an issue since early February. Now, the latest information is they are not getting an additional product for the remainder of the season. Our rep has been helpful, but hasn't given any info on the problem(s). I know usage has been been higher than normal in the NE, but running on March 1st?

· Registered
4 Posts
all the mines are getting low, all pickups are by appointment only, running the mines 24/7....big change from a few years ago, bet they are getting premium price from the southerners
JVA has a plant in Conklin. no appointment necessary. They have a plant farther south in Pa but Conklin would be the closest to you. No shortage with them. Trucks running 24/7 since the early 90's. One of the biggest bulk salt suppliers around.

· Registered
3,920 Posts
From what I know the New York state thruway demanded a certain amount of tons leading to a shortage for private contractors.
We buy from them and have had zero issues all winter, last load I recieved was Monday morning, I placed the order Friday afternoon.

· Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am from the Carbondale area. Ive never personally used them. I use JVA Deicing. Mainly because that's my uncle and I get great deals. they only sell bulk rock salt. 2 types. Regular rock salt and Clearlane.
It's funny yo mentioned JVA, we just got a load from them today. Price was $87.00/ ton vs. 70.00/ ton, but at this point we needed it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.