Amber and clear in mn will i be ok?

jonniesmooth

PlowSite Veteran
Volunteer ambulance?
In Minnesota we have certified first responders. Most of them are also volunteer FF but not all.
Anyone can take the training and get the certification.
If they are connected to a FD or ambulance service they would have a pager to get calls.
But even if not they can offer assistance at a scene they happen to come on.
Lots of the volunteer FF have lights on personal vehicles here as they may not go to station before responding.

Mountain Bob

Interesting thread i have a rotating amber on my old backhoe,even though it never leaves the mountain(lol) but is required by MT law,and protects me in case of an "incident",the way my stupid rich idiot neighbors drive. As far as the "white". A few years ago,new school busses came into the Boseman District,Gallatin County, and the had, middle of the roof, super bright 360 flashing white strobes. Dumbest idea ever.in snow country. In snowing conditions,fog, or what we call out here "cold smoke", pretty much blinds a large area around the bus. They got disconnected quickly.

NYH1

PlowSite Veteran
In Minnesota we have certified first responders. Most of them are also volunteer FF but not all.
Anyone can take the training and get the certification.
If they are connected to a FD or ambulance service they would have a pager to get calls.
But even if not they can offer assistance at a scene they happen to come on.
Lots of the volunteer FF have lights on personal vehicles here as they may not go to station before responding.
Our volunteer FF's run blue lights on their personal vehicles from where ever they are (home, work, out and about ect.) to the fire barn.

Volunteer EMT/Paramedic's can run blue or green lights on their personal vehicles to the fire barn/ambulance company ect.. I've never seen anyone run green lights though, just blue.

NYH1.

fireside

PlowSite.com Addict
Here in trust ct white is not legal for anything from the rear. White in front requires a special permit for the EMT and fire fighters. NWS color here is green but ct law says no volunteer ambulance people only