1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

    Dismiss Notice

All New Ford Owners Read (Could Make You Money)

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by IA Farmer, Nov 26, 2010.

  1. IA Farmer

    IA Farmer Senior Member
    Messages: 410

    I bought my 2010 F-250 back in June and while I was plow shopping I had a plow dealer tell me that Ford has a $1000 dollar rebate if you own a business and buy a new plow. I had never heard this and this was never mentioned by my salesman when I bought the truck so I was hesitant to believe this guy. So I called my salesman and he had also never heard of it but he said he would ask his GM and call me back. An hour later I get a phone call and he said yes if you buy a NEW Ford Superduty and a new plow and will be using it commercially then there is a $1000 dollar rebate. I said great what do I need to do to get it. He said I had to bring in my plow receipt, a copy of my schedule F tax form showing that I owned a business, and the tax form that I had signed (not sure which page it was sorry) and he would send it to Ford to get approved. Now I don't have check in hand yet but I should now Monday or Tuesday when I will be here. If this is something everyone already knows then please disregard this post. I just wanted to make sure that everyone was taking advantage of this offer. I don't know anymore details then that, also I'm not sure if it works on 2011 trucks as I bought a 2010. So good luck and I hope that we can get some money back and help offset the cost of our new plows. Good luck this winter, enjoy your new trucks and plows and have fun. I know I will. Sorry for the long post.
  2. IA Farmer

    IA Farmer Senior Member
    Messages: 410

    Also I forgot to mention he told me that the plow had to be purchased with in one year of the truck purchase.
  3. erkoehler

    erkoehler PlowSite Veteran
    Messages: 3,279

    I've heard about this as well.

    NEUSWEDE Senior Member
    Messages: 949

    It's called an upfitter rebate. It can be anything for your truck that isn't tires, wheels or suspension related. I got it for doing linex and adding pushplates/ wiring the total just needs to be a minium of $1000.00
  5. Pristine PM ltd

    Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran
    Messages: 3,891

    Canada? haha, nope!
  6. Raymond S.

    Raymond S. Senior Member
    Messages: 513

    I just brought in a copy of my plow purchase receipt when I purchased the truck. It does work on 2011. Oh, and your dealer probably knew about it but neglected to tell you. I got the same story when I asked. He gave me the run around til I printed off the rebate and showed it to him.
    Did you know that you can also fill out an ST-135 form and claim tax exemption in IN under federal motor carrier? There are a few stipulations but it's rather easy to conform. Dealers don't tell you squat anymore it's up to us to do the homework.