All new 4500

TurfPlus

I was at the body company today and saw the new 4500 and 5500. I'll get a closer look next week since I was pressed for time. Just thought I'd share the pics. Not sure if I like the new design just yet. What do you think?

p8230199.jpg

cat320

2000 Club Member
I have seen them not the best design like them over the 2003 pick ups now but still not much room under the hood to get at engine.And no 4x4 yet? Still looks like the got a chevy express van cab and put a nose on it.ONe thing though it has plenty of leg room and cab space.

Mike 97 SS

Banned
Oh wow, you can get plows for those trucks? That would look cool, nice big plow on the front of that truck. What size plow would they get? I'm guessing atleast a 9ft, maybe 10ft would be perfect? Mike

Alan

PlowSite.com Addict
All from the same database

In that first picture I think there's a Freightliner and an International behind the Chevy. Since all design is computer generated now and all use the same database for airflow and ergonomics they all come out looking the same. Other than a few small changes all three of those trucks could have been cut with the same mold. We might be getting a more efficient vehicle out of this but they sure do lack individuality.

Mick

PlowSite.com Veteran
Regarding plows for the 4500 - I was at the dealer here a few weeks ago. He told me the Fisher engineers had just been there taking measurements. They'll have a plow for it by the time snow flies - supposedly in a couple months. I'm guessing at least 10ft.

GeoffD

PlowSite.com Veteran
It is going to come down to front end weight as far as plows go guys. My money is on a 9' MC, 10' may be overweight in the front. Only time will tell. Even the big state trucks only run 10' blades, the get extra width with a wing.

Geoff

Pelican

2000 Club Member
I took a look at them before I ordered my 550, but the local dealer didn't know anything about them. I learned more from this board and knew more about the product as a result than the salesman did. I needed the 4x4 though and couldn't wait.They'd probably make a good 4x2 dump though, diesel powered of course!

Kurt B.

I'll take the red one with a 9.5' Western/Fisher V-blade and a hydraulic salter on the back driven off the Allison tranny. My idea of heaven while plowing! Now all I have to do is convince myself its time to buy another plow truck and drop some serious cash!

Mike 97 SS

Banned
Yea there you go, a little chrome goes a long way! Those trucks look good in those pics with the dump body and some flashy chrome. I like the red one too. Chuck thanks alot for posting some nice pics, where is that dealer located? NJ? Mike :)

Chuck Smith

2000 Club Member
Mike, they are located on River St. in Hackensack. They have almost as many trucks as Warnock.

I was shocked when I first saw the place..... it is a Chevy AND Ford dealer! Never saw one sell both before. They have a neon sign in the window with their web address that I edited out in Paint Shop. They have dump, flatbeds, wreckers, vans, you name it!

www.greatamericanchevy.net

Right next to those 2 Chevy trucks, they had this new Ford...

(decided not to post it in THIS forum!)

~Chuck

Top Forums