Airbags

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by mrgarciainc, Aug 1, 2019.

1. mrgarciainc

mrgarciainc Member
    from Chicago

looking for some help...I went to put airbags in my front springs. I’m currently running OME 2” HD lift. With the htx-v I squatted about and 1 1/2”. I’ve googled a lot for front airbags for a Jeep and I only get rear results. I also googled how to measure for bags as I imagine it will be a custom fit. Anyone have any ideas where I can get some info to find the proper size airbags for my front springs ?

2015 JK

2. info4tim

info4tim Senior Member

Do a search on this site for airbags! Plenty here on it

3. jdsquire

jdsquire Senior Member

AirLift brand,they make a good product.

4. OP
    OP
    mrgarciainc

mrgarciainc Member
    from Chicago

That’s what I’ve been looking at...having a difficult time finding what size I need for my springs.

5. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

6. EWSplow

EWSplow PlowSite Fanatic

I think you just have to find some that fit in your coil springs. Perhaps, its a liability issue for the manufacturers.
    Air shocks might also be an option. They may not list a specific one for the front, but if you have the correct length, mounting, etc they should work.
    1-1/2" seems like a lot of squat. My local boss dealer installed the same plow on a 2018 without a lift for someone I know. I don't think they did any modifications, but I can check.

7. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

Hijaker shocks #49176 fit the front of the JK EXCEPT you need to replace the bottom bushing in the shock mount.

8. OP
    OP
    mrgarciainc

mrgarciainc Member
    from Chicago