Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

· Registered
58,836 Posts
Interesting...except I would have to upgrade to 20" wheels and spend $2600 for the kit?

· Banned
13,098 Posts

· Banned
13,098 Posts
I took my Wardens car to a guy I went to school with his Mother, Smart kid kinda but put cheap pads on trying to impress me with price. I simply told him thank you but no cheap pads. I'm not a :terribletowel:but not interested in cheap pads. And I'm cheap but don't go for that.

· Banned
13,098 Posts
actually only $1,200 and 3months... I do have a cdl, just can;t justify a big rig yet..
I have a CDL to, like to have a tractor trailer license for big dump trailers for hauling stone, salt etc. Don't really want to go to one of them schools but don't know anybody with a rig that would let me road test and train some.

I wonder if Defcon would train me. LMAO

· Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sounds like the bias for the trailer could be turned up.
Or
Why are you stoping the trailer with the truck?
^---- this. What the hell is going on with the trailer brakes that the truck needs a $2600 upgrade to allow it to stop?
It's not just for the trailer. When I don't have the trailer in summer and winter I am at max weight 80% of the time.

Winter time= With the plow, spreader, salt, ice melt and other gear I am at my legal weight. My plow route and accounts wear the brakes and rotors fairly fast.I can't use the exuast brake in the winter because the roads are slippery and it doesn't work under 15MPH. I have replaced the OEM with OEM every 40,000 miles. Also the route I drive is horrible for higher speed stop and go. The speed limit is 55mph with lights every 3/4 mile or so, then when you go inland it gets slightly hilly with stops at the bottom of the hills.

Similiar issue with summer max weight bad routes.

Has anyone tried any other brake pads besides and rotors besides OEM?

· Registered
58,836 Posts
I never shut my exhaust brake off.

· Registered
15,656 Posts
Things that come to mind.

Anyway, any performance brake pad that advertises it is easy on rotors can't be that good, the more friction, more heat, more wear, its a give and take. If you are running heavy, 40,000 miles ain't bad.
I thought the same 40k or 2-3 years... And that's probably with some heavy tailgating of people in the Summer and waaaaaaaaay over max weight in the Winter...

Plus usually only have trailer brakes it seems like for the first couple years of a new trailer anyway, then the trucks on its own...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.