Adding 2nd Plow Truck Front Plow vs Pull Plow

JT&SONS

Ok so I'm adding a second plow Tuesday the 4th can't decide on if I should do another Vplow or put a Pull Plow options are 8-12ft or 8-16ft on the 2nd truck.

I'm looking for opinions from you guys on what to do. Some people have commented on another post but wanted to ask in a separate thread to get as many opinions as possible. This is a very big move for me.

So my options are Boss DXT 8.2 with wings 9.2 with wings. Or Boss Back Drag Pro. Ebling is to much of a hassle for me to get one so this is not a option plus it's 2k more then the Boss.

So my route consists of a 42 home HOA and road 46ksqft including road and drives. See pic below for reference. I also plow a small apartment building 10k sqft a fraternity 20k sqft a Islamic center 30k sqft a daycare 15ksqft. That's all the commercial properties.

The residential consist of 40 drives these are basically all standard 2 car drives 20x20 a few 3 car. Nothing too crazy. Snow is pulled off drive and stacked in corner of the driveway.

So that's what's going on. I'm looking for advice from people who have experience adding a 2nd truck run big routes and can give sound advice. Thanks for your time.
Screenshot_20181004-224737_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
OP
JT&SONS

JT&SONS

What do you have currently?

And are you axing about equipping a truck with ONLY a back plow?

I'm asking should I add front plow or pull plow to the 2nd truck? And yes my budget only allows for either another front plow or a pull plow only. So basically 2 trucks with a front plow one truck with front plow one truck with back blade.

EWSplow

PlowSite Fanatic
I think you posted that pic when you were bidding it.
I still have nightmares about the one like it I did 5 or 6 years ago.
I didn't have a tractor, or back blade at the time. I had the sidewalk crew blow the drives and i plowed the road. I had guys available for hand work, but didn't have plows available. On light events, they used manplows.
Maybe sub someone with an ATV, or subcompact tractor, or snowrator.
It is going to be an absolute nightmare when its blowing and drifting.
Sorry, I'm not much help in your decision.

BUFF

PlowSite Fanatic
I'm asking should I add front plow or pull plow to the 2nd truck? And yes my budget only allows for either another front plow or a pull plow only. So basically 2 trucks with a front plow one truck with front plow one truck with back blade.
Go back and read Phil’s post in your udder thread and the following comments.

EWSplow

PlowSite Fanatic
Front plow.. just like a V plow can be a straight blade but a straight can't be a V, a front plow can backdrag (not great) but a backblade can't push.
Yes, get another v plow. You'll be needing the scoop to move snow.
You've got sons to clean out the snow by the garage doors.
I got a little off track when I looked at the site.

OP
JT&SONS

JT&SONS

Go back and read Phil’s post in your udder thread and the following comments.
I have read through it. I wanted to start a dedicated thread to get more responses and also didnt think if someone had the same question they would find the info in that thread.

I'm not gonna lie in nervous about just adding a back plow. I'm also nervous cause its boss's first year with the back plow.

Top Forums