Snow Plowing Forum banner
181 - 199 of 199 Posts
Very nice! Should tint the windows, or at least the back one, to match your other truck.

NEUSWEDE;1678170 said:
I used ready lift which is a spacer between the axel and suspension front and rear.

Guardian is nice but I want leds, brighter and less amp draw
It's funny when I was looking for the one I just got a g7ma I could of swore I saw it in led labeled a g8 on whelens page some where now I can't find it.

Looks great. I went from a diesel to a 6.2 and have no complaints at all its a great motor. What are you doing with the old tires? And did you notice a mileage drop going from 245 to 285 ? I have 285s on the same truck and get 10-12 mpg average

Discussion starter · #189 ·
bacwudzme;1678248 said:
Yeah it looks good, I suppose I can plow snow it that truck!
I hope you can!

Triple L;1678288 said:
Never sold the 550 eh?
That 550 is so cherry and well maintained and is perfect for my business I couldn't let it go.

allagashpm;1678340 said:
Looks great. I went from a diesel to a 6.2 and have no complaints at all its a great motor. What are you doing with the old tires? And did you notice a mileage drop going from 245 to 285 ? I have 285s on the same truck and get 10-12 mpg average
The stock tires that only have 500 miles are going on Craigslist for sale. Literally got the tires mounted today so haven't put many miles on them but will be tracking the mpgs What rear end is in your truck? I have the same size and yire on my F350 with the 6.4 diesel and they are great so I knew thats what I wanted to run on this one as well.

I've got 3.73 rear end. I get ten when towing around 8k which isn't bad my 7.3 got 14 so with the price of diesel around here I am happy. I was thinking of switching to 245s but the truck came with relatively new nitto crossteks on it so I want to use those and see how they do. I think the truck could do better mileage wise with the 245s but the 285s look great. Keep up the good work, fleet looks great.

How'd the new truck handle this past storm? I know it was light and fluffy but it was a good test for the first big storm here. How was the gas mileage? Mine was around 7.5-8 with about a thousand pounds in the bed.

allagashpm;1687135 said:
How'd the new truck handle this past storm? I know it was light and fluffy but it was a good test for the first big storm here. How was the gas mileage? Mine was around 7.5-8 with about a thousand pounds in the bed.
Well I'll answer this since I'm operator of said truck. The truck goes great plenty of power ( everything has been super fluffy) it seems to be around 8-9mpg on the roads between locations and a little lower mpg's depending on what lot I'm on. That's with a XLS and 2 big chunks of granite on a pallet against the tailgate. I also haven't totally pushed this truck yet due to its got another storm till it's "break in period" is complete. Then maybe I'll push it a little harder. One feature I like is the electronic locker when I back drag a lot of snow it seems to tirespin/bounce alot less when I have it engaged. The transmission is super smooth and predictable. And another thing I love is the 4wd shifter on the floor when I shift it,it's in. I was hesitant on having the mud tires but once again they do awesome. I tried mud tires years ago and it was complete nightmare. These tires are awesome great traction so far quiet on bare tar with all the extra weight.
The XLS, that plow is mint coming from an xtreme V this
Plow is super efficient I had my reservations about it on some of my assigned properties after that small Monday afternoon storm shakedown run I got the hang of it and I'm totally impressed. A couple places Dylan said he only ran it in 10' and scoop, and I was like how in the h3ll?? But now after like 60 hours of operating time I wish the plow was bigger!! That plow is so efficient wind rowing or even in tight spots.
Over all this truck of Dylan's is awesome it's set up perfect for snowplowing in every aspect and this is my 16th season plowing and by far the best plow truck I've operated, Dylan set it up perfect for snowplowing I wouldn't change a thing about the truck or plow.

Discussion starter · #198 ·
Time for an update, added another truck but it isn't a Ford and won't be plowing snow but will be hauling snow. 1990 Peterbilt 379 in perfect condition needed a few nickle and dime fixes but overall is really great shape. Planning to paint and polish to match the rest of the fleet

Wheel Tire Vehicle Hood Truck

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Nice truck! Looks like its in great shape. I saw the new silver super duty on forest ave awhile ago when I was down in portland as a storm was starting...looked real sharp.

181 - 199 of 199 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.