Snow Plowing Forum banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts
Well, I found that most large lots around here needed trucking offsite snow capabilities.

As an asside, Tried to nice a acct 2 seasons ago which would have payed well. I couldn't line up a truck to haul snow all winter. Half acre of parking times 100" that winter. No one would commit.

Maybe not Walmart per se. My point simply I don't own or lease lge enough equip at present to bid on the large properties. But ya, I was generalizing a bit. I could bid and sub out every thing and never leave my home office I guess. I'm not comfortable doing that. I'm frustrated w my comfortable niche which I worked on for years. It no longer exists. All the work and back to square one. I'll quit whining now.
I agree, you can only push deep so far across a lot with a regular truck.

Looking for some advice on advertising/marketing for new accounts. Ive been in the plowing industry for 15 years, Ive always had 3 of my own small commercial accounts, and also worked as a sub for another company. Im looking to expand this year and pick up a few more of my own accounts. Can anyone give some helpful pointers on the best way to advertise to potential customers?? Im looking for commercial accounts, in the past ive done mailers, and have went door to door, any other ideas? Also what is the best way to get on bidding lists with property managers? Thanks for any help!
How many accounts do you have? Or better yet, how many trucks and how many hours of plowing lined up for each truck now?

21 - 22 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.