? about unimount on NBS

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by panhead9, Feb 18, 2008.

1. panhead9

panhead9 Member
    from NY

I have a unimount 7'6" from my 97 F250 that I put on my 07' Chevy 2500 HD NBS Found a new mount from an 02' that I made fit, and had to cut valence etc etc... Not a big deal Now I have installed new keys and shock mount extenders in the torsion bars to level truck and this has changed the angle of the A frame and it is folding over a lot more than it has on older truck I still have not done the paper trick to the springs but I feel they can be tightened more (or actually replaced) since they are 10 seasons old and rusty adjusters. My main question is what everybody thinks about getting a new cutting edge, as my old one is like a smiley face and drilling and bolting it to the old one lower instead of remove and replace to make up about 2" that it looks to me to make the A frame level. My pins sit about 12-1/2" center from ground when measured on level pavement with plow off." :help:

2. vegaman04

vegaman04 Senior Member

re

Sounds like you need to drop the plow mount down to 9.5" to 10.5" with plow attached & resting on level surface as to per Westerns instructions.

3. sechracer

sechracer Senior Member

you could get yourself a welder and some good angle iron and extend the mount downward. Had to that on my dads S-10. Just remember to add a brace to the extended part.

4. OP
    OP
    panhead9

panhead9 Member
    from NY

This is the proper way to go but I dont want to sacrefice the height I have on the frame on the truck what do you think about raising the pivot point on the A frame to drop it and support it as necessary to lower the rear height of the A frame and then extending the arms that hold the lite bar frame to make level. What do you guys think? Welding and fabricating is not a problem. After all I am running a Unimount on an 07' NBS so I already figured fabricating is just part of the process.

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

That's the best way to do it. :nod:

6. OP
    OP
    panhead9

panhead9 Member
    from NY

Put new springs and adjusters in before this storm and worked well waited to do my own parking lot till after it warmed up and made for a heavy plow as everything was powder at first. And still worked well a little fold over but not bad at all, I will tighten the springs slightly before next storm (If we get one) and see how it goes thanks and lets HOPE for SNOW!

7. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

I would have sold the plow and bought a new one that was made to fit!

8. OP
    OP
    panhead9

panhead9 Member
    from NY

Mabye you would have, Not Me Now I actually have More ground clearence than a unimount! Very Satisfied