• Fix this truck

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Help

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all. I have a 98 GMC one ton 4x4. Just rebuilt transfer case. Truck was running fine all of a sudden it kicks out of gear again. Put it in neutral back Into 2hstayed acting like the transmission is slipping played with inside shift add it ran great to the house anyways every time you turn off the truck it goes into 4h and is hard to get back into 2h.. Any knee know why and what it will take to fix

· Registered
17,749 Posts
Hello to all. I have a 98 GMC one ton 4x4. Just rebuilt transfer case. Truck was running fine all of a sudden it kicks out of gear again. Put it in neutral back Into 2hstayed acting like the transmission is slipping played with inside shift add it ran great to the house anyways every time you turn off the truck it goes into 4h and is hard to get back into 2h.. Any knee know why and what it will take to fix
When you say just rebuilt transfer case, you did it or had it done?
What was done to the the transfer case in the rebuild?
Is this an electronic push button I am assuming?

When you say it acts like the trans is slipping are you just adjusting the transfercase (pushing the buttons only) or are you also shifting the transmission shifter also?

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When you say just rebuilt transfer case, you did it or had it done?
What was done to the the transfer case in the rebuild?
Is this an electronic push button I am assuming?

When you say it acts like the trans is slipping are you just adjusting the transfercase (pushing the buttons only) or are you also shifting the transmission shifter also?
No it is a Manuel transfer case shift is on the inside floor. We rebuilt it out should I say my wife rebuilt it.changed out the forks belt, pump, seals, etc. And it wad running great until i had to put it into 4lo then it still tween great for Abbott an hour pin theway home it started acting like it was slipping but when you stop and Pkwy with the shift on the floor it will ruin great for a few min then start reving the motor and the it's like it catches and runs great again

· Registered
17,749 Posts
No it is a Manuel transfer case shift is on the inside floor. We rebuilt it out should I say my wife rebuilt it.changed out the forks belt, pump, seals, etc. And it wad running great until i had to put it into 4lo then it still tween great for Abbott an hour pin theway home it started acting like it was slipping but when you stop and Pkwy with the shift on the floor it will ruin great for a few min then start reving the motor and the it's like it catches and runs great again
How does it go to 4wd every time you restart the truck if it has to be manually shifted?

Sounds like something is not lined up properly on the rebuild or the reinstall to me.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How does it go to 4wd every time you restart the truck if it has to be manually shifted?

Sounds like something is not lined up properly on the rebuild or the reinstall to me.
I don't know how it does out but it does. And what should i look say first? Went down today and bought all new speed sensors and veh sensorsfor it. Friend said that might Help

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.