95 f-150 ???

Pelican

2000 Club Member
enufsed, Welcome to Plowsite!:drinkup:

I don't remember when they split the body styles, but if the 150 body is the same as the 250 body, then yes, they will interchange. The current F-150 and F-250 light duty bodystyles also interchange, but F-250 Heavy Duty or Super Duty will not.

Be careful if you're using an 8' blade, it will probably be too heavy for the 1/2 ton front end.

OP
E

enufsed

the body style is the same and it is a 7 1/2 foot blade. i shouldn't have any prob...should i?

ScottyB.

Be careful with F150's from '90-'97. They can't handle a lot of weight. This caution comes even from a Ford fan. A friend of mine totally screwed up the front end of his F150 although he had a "light weight" plow.
If it's just going to be a plow truck you might take the chance, but if your putting it on your everyday truck...beware. Check with a local plow dealer to see how to beef up the front end.
ScottyB.

Snow7669

F-150

enufsed,
I've been plowing with 150's as my personal trucks since 1978. The first one was a brand new 1978 w/ 7 12" Meyers. After 2 years I had worn out the front coil springs. Replaced them and added air bags to the inside of the coils. Problem fixed. Kept that truck till 1985 bought another 150 w/ 7.5' Meyers, before I brought it home I had the dealer install air bags to the front coil springs, never had a problem, other than a bag broke (where and when I didn't know)
Just replaced it and went on. Sold that one w/ 212,000 miles.
Kept that till 1996 bought a new one w/ 7.5' Meyers, did the same thing air bags installed before I even brought the truck home. Kept that one until last fall (could'nt pass up the financing) had 120,000 on it when I sold it and never a problem w/ the bags.
Other than that you should have a heavy duty front axle rating on the truck w/ manual lockout hubs. With my last truck I finally got away from the 150 went to a 250 just so I could try out the Blizzard 810 wing plow. Good luck, but my advice is definitely the bags!

PS The 8"0 is too much weight if it is a Meyers or equal.