• PlowSite Homepage Upgrade

Hello again PlowSite community,

I wanted to post a quick note to let you know that the homepage of PlowSite will experience a major upgrade next week. We’re always looking for ways to improve our users’ experience on the site, and felt that this upgrade was needed and long overdue.

With this upgrade, you’ll now see the top trending posts as soon as you visit PlowSite, and these will be updated throughout the day. You can also easily access videos and photos. As always, we encourage you to include videos and photos in your own posts to share with your fellow PlowSite users.

Be assured that all of the forums, content and data that you’ve been accustomed to will remain intact, as will all current site features. You’ll also be able to easily access the full list of forums directly from our new homepage.

We’re excited to bring you this change, and look forward to hearing your feedback.

Thanks, PlowSite Team

94 Z71 K1500 Clutch replacement

cjtatar

Looking for advice on this project. Just yesterday it started slipping. Not bad for the original clutch with 132k miles! I called and ordered a Centerforce I kit with throwout bearing. I know I'll need to get the flywheel ground a bit but is there any advice from you guys as to the best approach for removal and installation? Separate the T-case from the tranny or pull as one? etc.

Thanks...

John DiMartino

PlowSite.com Veteran
I usually separate them,unless i have a couple bigfriends around,since they are heavy together and cant be lowered on a tranny jack,because of the crossmember.It has to be sdlid back,the nthe front dropped under the engine and slid forward until the transfer case output is clear of the croosmember,this is easier said than done,so id separate thrm and put a new seal in between them anyway since your in there,Are you doing this on your back or a lift?

OP
C

cjtatar

I'll be doing this on my back. Can the tranny/t-case combo be slid back enough to make room for the clutch removal/install and not have to actually remove the combo from under the truck? I have a 3Ton floor jack that I could lift and roll the combo back and out of the way...

SnoFarmer

Banned
01-04-2001, 09:17 AM
cjtatar

:rolleyes:
last time someone posted in this thread was 5yr ago:eek: :eek:

No offense, but you could start a new thread with your Q. lol

you will get some answers:waving: