Snow Plowing Forum banner

94 Z71 K1500 Clutch replacement

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  SnoFarmer 
#1 ·
Looking for advice on this project. Just yesterday it started slipping. Not bad for the original clutch with 132k miles! I called and ordered a Centerforce I kit with throwout bearing. I know I'll need to get the flywheel ground a bit but is there any advice from you guys as to the best approach for removal and installation? Separate the T-case from the tranny or pull as one? etc.

Thanks...

#2 ·
I usually separate them,unless i have a couple bigfriends around,since they are heavy together and cant be lowered on a tranny jack,because of the crossmember.It has to be sdlid back,the nthe front dropped under the engine and slid forward until the transfer case output is clear of the croosmember,this is easier said than done,so id separate thrm and put a new seal in between them anyway since your in there,Are you doing this on your back or a lift?

#3 ·
I'll be doing this on my back. Can the tranny/t-case combo be slid back enough to make room for the clutch removal/install and not have to actually remove the combo from under the truck? I have a 3Ton floor jack that I could lift and roll the combo back and out of the way...

#5 ·
01-04-2001, 09:17 AM
cjtatar

:rolleyes:
last time someone posted in this thread was 5yr ago:eek: :eek:

No offense, but you could start a new thread with your Q. lol

you will get some answers:waving:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.