1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

    Dismiss Notice

89 chev truck upper resr shock mount?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by zamaro, Sep 9, 2002.

  1. zamaro

    zamaro Junior Member
    Messages: 14


    OK so i call 4 different places to get the new rear drivers upper shock mount and 3 places say it is a non-replaceable part....

    I have a 89 chev 1500 4x4 ext cab reg bed...

    The pass side upper rear shock mount has been replaced!!!!


    please help!!!

    It has 4 rivits from the factory holding it on.....
    The new one has four bolts!!!!


  2. Mike 97 SS

    Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.
    Messages: 1,106

    What are you saying, you cant the part or you cant figure out how to get the old one off?? To get the old one off, cut the rivets off, knock them out and use nuts and bolts to put the new one on. Im not sure if this is the information you are asking for, but i replied anyway. Mike
  3. zamaro

    zamaro Junior Member
    Messages: 14



    I was wondering where I can get one...

    The drivers side upper rear shock mount....


  4. Mike 97 SS

    Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.
    Messages: 1,106

    Well you said you called 4 different places and 3 said its a non-replaceable part, what did the 4th place tel you?? :D Id check a local Chevy dealership parts department if all else fails. Or find out who owned the truck before you and where did they take it to get the passenger side replaced or where did they buy the part. Mike