Snow Plowing Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
terra good call on the sway bar links, i did find a bad one this morning. thanks for pointing thoes out for me. its not all over the road just yet but there bad!

Miles

the new boss 92;1424072 said:
i was crawling around under the truck again and im thinking it is half shafts but the ruck does nee other work like tie rods and stuff so im hoping end of this week i can get everything done. the truck has 246000 miles with mostly original parts other than a new heart
I had an 89 1500 with a 7'6" Diamond plow on it . I sold the truck with 257,000 Mi. on it . Didn't have to change u-joints till 165,000 . She had to have new front shafts every other year though . They will take a licking and keep on ticking , if you keep up with the maintainence ! I'm running a K-3500 SRW with an 8' Boss Super Tripedge . This truck doesn't wear the shafts like the 1/2 ton did . With this one it's front wheel bearings , every year or two , and they're a b---- to change , usually an all day project . It's a 97 with 132,00 on it . Purrs like a kitten and will push some snow !

Discussion starter · #24 ·
inside the hubs? does that matter that much? cause when you tighten them down they shouldn't slide in and out? or should they?

Discussion starter · #26 ·
^ thats were i got confused, there talking about locking hubs, im talking about the cv's in the wheel berings!

Weeding

Whenever you seek advice , you need to weed out what you can't or won't use . The longer you're on the sight the better you will know , whether someone has somethimg to say , or just has to say something ! I haven't been on here for long , but I've been plowing for 35 years , and whirling wrenches alot longer than that ! I'm picking out the ones with info I trust and those not so much . Now when it comes to plows B&B seems to really know his stuff , he helped me out already ! So have a good winter , work smart and safe !

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.