87 F350 Dump what's it worth?

butler L&S

I'm looking at a 1987 F350 2wd with a 8 foot dump. The truck has 48000 original miles (it was owned by an airport for 12 years) The second owner put a new Monroe spreader on it 2 years ago and a 1996 Western 8' Pro plow. It also comes with a 16hp Lesco tailgait leaf loader (2yrs old). The person who is selling it is giving up the lawncare business and guarantees that everything works like new. I also forgot to mention that it is an outomatic. Does anyone have an idea what a setup like this is worth?

Butler

Mick

PlowSite.com Veteran
I just saw similar DRW dump here for $4800. Truck is in good shape. Around here used plow is often thrown in. I'm assuming the spreader is a 2yd. Maybe another $1,000 if the spreader isn't rusted and blower are in good condition.

OP
B

butler L&S

The sander is attached to the box and runs off the trucks hydrolics. It is not a V-box. The plow came off another truck and has rust on the moldboard (typical of western).

Mick

PlowSite.com Veteran
Consider the plow worthless since it's rusted. Also, being a 2wd, that truck isn't suited to plowing anything other than 3" of light, fluffy snow on a straight, flat surface. There have been several discussions on here about plowing with 2wd trucks if you want to look them up.

Really can't advise on the worth of a two year old hydraulic sander. Generally, I'm seeing people advise half the price of new of new if its in good shape.

Leaf loader - again probably half of new.

Seller "guarantees" - get it in writing. What repairs are covered and for how long?

I've got and 88. Here I go on 2wd. Mine is a 2wd dually and I guaran-dam-tee it will push a hell of a lot more than 3" of snow. I plow like crazy with this thing, just have aggressive tires and a good amount of weight in the back, min. of a ton. Watch it on hills though, thats my biggest challenge. Works excellent on parking lots, factories, even railroad easements. With plow, spreader, low miles and truck in nice shape, $5500- to $6500. JMO
Scott

cat320

2000 Club Member
what do you look up on the kbb for commercial trucks with plows and dump bodies.can't seam to find it all i see is the regular pick up and other light duty trucks?