86 ford hook up

double e

A friend gave me a Myers plow he had on his Blazer- I want to hook it up to my 86' Ford 350- What do I do? Do I need new mounting brackets, where do I get them- Can I weld (don't want to)

I live in Delaware- don't get much snow but may come in handy-

jakegypsum

There are two ways to go about setting up your truck with your friends plow.
1st: You could reconfigure the plow mount for your truck but it would take a lot of welding and maybe some extra steel and angle iron. Been there many times.
Or
2nd: You could get an updated EZmount Meyer harness that is already designed to be bolted to your truck. Then all you would have to do is transfer your pump, lights, control, and wire harness. Approx cost: $650.00. You would also have to make sure that the plow will pin up also. It should but I would double check the measurements on the pin tines. Jake.

long0

What type of mount was on the blazer? If the blazer had the permanent style mount, and you want to put the plow on an EZ mount, you will need to get a shorter A-Frame. The permanent mount sits further back under the truck frame than the EZ mount does, thus the need for a shorter A-Frame.

I have tried using a longer A-frame on the EZ mount, but the extended weight puts a lot of strain on the head gear.

Good luck with it

Andy

SCAPEASAURUSREX

I have a meyers 7.5 and was going to move it from the 85 F150 to the 95 F250 and it was not worth it.. at least in my case... The mounting hardware : truck mount , then the uper tube mount thing for the pump were almost a thousand dollars.. The A frame thing... I talked to meyers and they said that all I needed to do was get the mount kit for my truck and the plow would hook up no problem , did nto say anything about a shorther a frame ? I would up just getting a whle new plow, easier and more cost effective...

However , being your truck is an 86 you can probably find a truck mount in the conventional style somewhere and be done alot cheaper than going with the new EZ mount... check on ebay and some of the plow dealer s by you , someone will have that mount sitting around....

Top Forums