1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

86 ford 150 meyer mount help

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by billt2, Oct 31, 2004.

1. billt2

billt2 Junior Member

I was given a permanent meyer mount for my 86 f150 and the lift frame fits perfect, it is the two frame mount pieces that do not work.
    Person that gave it to me said it came from an 85 bronco and would fit..but the stabilizer bar is in the way on both sides.
    Meyer sent me a mounting diagram and it said the only truck it would not fit is the 3500 lbs axle with 1-a stablizer, I do not have that axle. I have the 2900 with quad suspension. Not even sure what the 1-a stabilizer is.
    Anyone can shed some light on this??
    otherwise I was going to have my friend weld up something..

2. SCSIndust

SCSIndust Senior Member

I had the same kind of front suspension on my 88 bronco, when I mounted the plow on it last year. If I remember correctly, I had to jack up the truck to get the clearence to slide the piece in properly. It should be close to hte bars, but not touching. If it is touching, you might have to torch off just enough to make it fit. All of those peices fit from 1980 to 1991, at least. On the quad suspension trucks, the peice has to be modified slightly.