1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

    Dismiss Notice

84 351 carb swap

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by omle64, Nov 2, 2001.

  1. omle64

    omle64 Junior Member
    from idaho
    Messages: 3

    I have an 84 ford 250 with a 351 modified(?). Anyways, it has one of those feedback carburetors with the fuel mixture rods that are adjusted automatically by the computer. I would like to swap this carb out for an older one without any computer stuff but need to know what year to look for and what I would need to do with the distributor. It is an eec4 and I don't know if the spark advance and everything will work without the carb and such. The carb is a 2bbl also. Thanks for any help or other ideas.