Snow Plowing Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts
Ok so a couple things to check or try...
1) Super simple: make sure the controller is in "float" mode when you try the detach function with the switch.
2) Two valves have to activate and the motor must run for "detach" to occur. Sounds like motor runs so look under plastic cover and find the two valves that activate during the "lower" function. Hold a screwdriver near the nut on the end of each valve and see if the scewdriver sticks to the nut when you hold the "detach" switch. If there is not magnetism come back and let us know. If there is magnetism move to step 3.
3) Remove the "lower" valve and inspect and clean. Reinstall and test. You do not need to remove the "float" valve because the plow drops normally, therefore that valve is functioning correctly.

Douglas Hands;2099787 said:
Valves not magnetized..Off to the supply house !!!!:mechanic:
Ok. So now you want to start at the coils (plastic looking things that the wires go into) on those two valves and look for power. Try to avoid probing the wires if at all possible. Follow those wires back to the switch, Checking for power whenever you do a detach function. I don't remember the exact wiring so I can't give you specifics. When you find out why those coils are not getting power during the detach function then you have found your problem.

Discussion starter · #25 ·
Thank you sir. I think after this season I am going to replace. The undercarriage is pretty rough on plow. My question Snoex(which bought out Blizzard) or should I look to different plow. I love this blizzard but its old. Should I consider just totally rebuilding the plow I have

Douglas Hands;2099827 said:
Thank you sir. I think after this season I am going to replace. The undercarriage is pretty rough on plow. My question Snoex(which bought out Blizzard) or should I look to different plow. I love this blizzard but its old. Should I consider just totally rebuilding the plow I have
With the age of plow you currently have I probably would not recommend rebuilding it.
The SnowEx PowerPlow is the only expanding plow in the market with a true Blizzard moldboard. It would still be my number one choice for commercial lot plowing with a pickup truck.

Discussion starter · #27 ·
I don't do parking lots that often. I have a county contract for roads and salting. That being said. I really like the features of the Blizzard PP but not the price tag of a new one ( 7300 installed. Maryland pricing ). With me usually pushing roads I am leaning back towards Western straight blade unless I can find a deal on another Blizzard (1500- I paid 3 years ago ). Any advice will be well taken.

What happened i have the same issue i can power up down right left wi gs in and out but when press down it will release the pressure but no power to the pump i have power at the switches on the plow side i removed the switch jumpered it down nothing but it goes up. Any help would be really appreciated thank you

What happened i have the same issue i can power up down right left wi gs in and out but when press down it will release the pressure but no power to the pump i have power at the switches on the plow side i removed the switch jumpered it down nothing but it goes up. Any help would be really appreciated thank you
The member who posted the issue hasn't been on the site since 2019 and it's highly unlikely you won't get an answer from him.

Did you read the entire thread?

@bliz&hinikerDLR posted several very informative guidelines to follow.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.