Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 810 power plow ph1. Last snow we had, all of a sudden the plow did not want to raise. I could hear the motor running, but wouldn’t come off of the ground. All other functions worked fine. After a few seconds, the plow raised like nothing was wrong. Didn’t have a problem with it the rest of the day. The following morning went to leave, same thing. Played with it for a few seconds, and again raised like nothing was wrong and was fine. Then I went to remove plow to service the truck, the power hitch started acting up. It dropped the plow to the ground fine, but would not release the hook from the undercarriage. After about five minutes it started working fine and dropped the arm the rest of the way. Other than some hoses a motor and pump, I have never had issues with this plow. Now this is a 11 year old plow and has seen her better days. The fluid was also where it should be. Any help would be greatly appreciated, also I’m having a hard time finding internal parts such as valves and coils. Thanks again for any help or advice.

· Registered
15,304 Posts
Ck both sides of the grill plugs,

Might be the diode pack is intermittently failing

· Registered
837 Posts
I’d check you battery and alternator. Sounds like draining battery too much. Drop and wings don’t require the amps like lifting the plow up.

Also check the cables. They get brittle and crack. Wiggle them agressively while someone works the controller.

Having a new motor will make it nice keep the old as a back up.

· Registered
1,267 Posts
Most likely a connection, or a loose coil on the lift seleniod , look at your S5, S6 & S8 coil wires and grounds, Like the above post mentioned, pull you main connections apart and look for evidence of a poor pin connection. Use a small pick to slightly spread the male pins ( swell each one from the center ) , then female sockets get worn and trouble starts. Search here for related topics, this has been covered with some good tips.

· Registered
1,267 Posts
Ck both sides of the grill plugs,

Might be the diode pack is intermittently failing
Tell me if I'm thinking about this correctly, if a diode was bad, wouldn't power be sent to more than one function so he would see the plow trying to do two things at once, or not the right function for the desired joystick direction ??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.