Snow Plowing Forum banner

8.5 Unimount MVP right wing wont move in scoop function

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Grasskickin' 
#1 ·
Just encountered this problem on our first snow the other night. the plow runs fine in all functions except when i go to position it into scoop... the driver side wing extends as it should and the passenger side wing retracts to V instead of scoop. When using the V function both wings will move to V. However i was able to use the scoop function to make the blade straight and could plow with it as a straight blade. In this function i was able to wing left or right which tells me the cylinder is not bad and makes me think electrical. I cleaned all plow connections and checked grounds. Any ideas on what could be causing this problem? Bad controller?

Thanks Justin

#2 ·
here's the mechanics guide for that plow:
http://library.westernplows.com/westernplows/pdffiles/21857_061503_web.pdf
if you check out page 21 it shows which valves do which functions. depending on which functions are working correctly you can tell which valve to check out. the problem could be the valve itself or somewhere before that point if it's not getting the signal to that coil (like the grill connector or the control).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.