Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The wings on this plow do not want to stay pushed out. While pushing very little snow, they can not hold their position, they fall back to the spring return (back) position. It seems way to early for any safety, etc concerns.

Should I try to have this adjusted or what?

This plow is decent but it has some quirks. That is one of them. The second is you really can't use the shoes down more than a fraction of an inch as it changes the truck mounting angle of the plow.
This plow sits on its 2 V wings when not in use. There is no jack, etc. to set the height. The height of the wings determines if the mounts will meet up. Raise the front of plow with the shoes and you lower the mount. So, much easier to mount now that I am not using shoes.

The third is it can be hard to mount when you don't have a garage or other level surface. I keep mine outside on a gravel driveway on the most level spot I can find. Any ice on the driveway, things don't line up. Sometimes I have to scrape ice off the driveway to mount the plow. Other times I just have to screw around with different positions until I get it to work. On the last plow I had there was a hydraulic jack leg. Boy, that would save me some time mounting this one.

I do like having the V when there is a big dump of snow, makes the first pass with a lot of snow pretty easy.

· Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its a year old, has done this from the start. Yes, it doesn't take a lot of force. Sometimes while plowing I'll look at the wing position and be surprised that it is no longer out like it was, now it is back in the spring return position and I'll wonder what I did that caused it to move. So can the dealer put on a gauge and adjust it so it doesn't release until 2800 psi? If so that sounds like a good move.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.