• PlowSite Homepage Upgrade

Hello again PlowSite community,

I wanted to post a quick note to let you know that the homepage of PlowSite will experience a major upgrade next week. We’re always looking for ways to improve our users’ experience on the site, and felt that this upgrade was needed and long overdue.

With this upgrade, you’ll now see the top trending posts as soon as you visit PlowSite, and these will be updated throughout the day. You can also easily access videos and photos. As always, we encourage you to include videos and photos in your own posts to share with your fellow PlowSite users.

Be assured that all of the forums, content and data that you’ve been accustomed to will remain intact, as will all current site features. You’ll also be able to easily access the full list of forums directly from our new homepage.

We’re excited to bring you this change, and look forward to hearing your feedback.

Thanks, PlowSite Team

700 R4 Trany

Hi guy need some help, I have a 1983 Chevrolet k-20 6.2 Diesil, And a 700 r4 Trany, Well It just took a dump on me, And I was wondering What would be the best trany to run behind that old diesil, And Im hopeing for a easy in and out swap, I Found a guy to rebuild my curent 700 74 for $800 if I bring the trany to him. Just checking my options. Any help would be great !

John DiMartino

PlowSite.com Veteran
Go with another 700r4,just for haha's i would check the price of a new trans fro mthe dealer.They sell new SRTA units for about 1100-130o her with a 3 yr 50k warranty at any dealer.The nice part is on an 83 there are many upgrades that have been done to the 700r4,the gm rebuilt has them all,so its a beefed up version,where as the local rebuild may or may not have the new improved pump,sprags,and upgrades.The later 87 and newer 700r4's are good trannys,the 83 is so so.the 700r4 is the best tranny for the 6.2,since it doesnt have the torque to hurt the 700.