Snow Plowing Forum banner

7.5 MM2 Straight Motor Issue

1K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  RepoMan207 
#1 ·
While plowing an account I had the plow stop moving, it would not working in any direction, except down,. I've checked all connections and fuses. While driving home I notice the plow would move intermittently left, right, and up. Kinda stumped by this, I just recently replaced the 11 pin truck side due to a ground issue and not having head lights. I can hear the click in the ISO module when I hit the joystick.
4 port module
Joystick controller
2003 Chevrolet 2500HD

#2 ·
Richmor52;1568254 said:
While plowing an account I had the plow stop moving, it would not working in any direction, except down,. I've checked all connections and fuses. While driving home I notice the plow would move intermittently left, right, and up. Kinda stumped by this, I just recently replaced the 11 pin truck side due to a ground issue and not having head lights. I can hear the click in the ISO module when I hit the joystick.
4 port module
Joystick controller
2003 Chevrolet 2500HD
:confused: interesting. The lack of movement is one thing, but the sporadic movements would lead me to believe it's the controller.

For lack of movement...clicking noise, that would be the solenoid, either loose connection, or just plain junk (common issue). Next would be the grill connector, make sure the 3 pin connector is free of ice and gunk, as well greased and fully seated. check the wires behind each connector to make sure there isn't anything suspect. I wouldn't hesitate to pull the valve cover and inspect the wiring, and the connections to the spade terminals either. As well as the final ground to the side of the pump's motor.

For the sporadic movement, if your not touching anything.?.?..immediately unplug the controller from under the dash the next time it does it, if it stops, it's the controller, if it continues, it's a bad harness, or connector.

If you're in fact trying to move it, then it's a loose connection, or bad solenoid.

#3 ·
RepoMan207;1568544 said:
:confused: interesting. The lack of movement is one thing, but the sporadic movements would lead me to believe it's the controller.

For lack of movement...clicking noise, that would be the solenoid, either loose connection, or just plain junk (common issue). Next would be the grill connector, make sure the 3 pin connector is free of ice and gunk, as well greased and fully seated. check the wires behind each connector to make sure there isn't anything suspect. I wouldn't hesitate to pull the valve cover and inspect the wiring, and the connections to the spade terminals either. As well as the final ground to the side of the pump's motor.

For the sporadic movement, if your not touching anything.?.?..immediately unplug the controller from under the dash the next time it does it, if it stops, it's the controller, if it continues, it's a bad harness, or connector.

If you're in fact trying to move it, then it's a loose connection, or bad solenoid.
Appreciate the input, yes on the way home i was trying to see if the plow would move. Ill take a good look at it in the morning and see what i come up with. I have read quiet a bit on the bad solenoid. I'll take a look and see what i come up with.
Thanks againThumbs Up

#4 ·
HD Starter Solenoid, $21.67 at the auto parts store. Relived it was so inexpensive, but kinda surprised they had this in stock an exact match right off the shelf.
Again thanks for the help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.