56 Acre new construction need some help.

cwren2472

PlowSite Fanatic
Did you ask what size salter I had for my f450 sir?
Oh hey, it doesn't look like anyone did ask- so what size salter do you have in your F450?

Maybe a 12 yard...? That sounds about right. That would hold roughly 25,000 lbs of salt which also sounds about right for a F450.... oops, wait, that's still only 450lbs per acre. Is that going to be enough?

cwren2472

PlowSite Fanatic
You claim to have done more with less. If you're a fighter, you would provide details rather than just attempting to belittle those who gave you advice.
Why should he? He can let you Ritchie-Rich types with your "loaders" and "MP money" spend, spend, spend while he undercuts you with a walk behind blower and 3 guys with shovels. Very shrewd if you ask me.

cwren2472

PlowSite Fanatic
There are ZERO walks...
Who said anything about walks? You can shovel 8 acres and make a killing.

Now, just multiply the # of guys by 7 and Bam!

Edit: oops, that guy only shoveled 1/4 acre at a time. No biggie, just multiply by 28 and Double Bam!

Double edit: Oops, that should be multiply by 224.... alright, let me get back to you...

GMC Driver

PlowSite.com Addict
I understand why the OP here is getting schooled. Often it's how you approach things. But it does have me curious as to where his numbers would end up.

Why?

Because I know the same thing happens in our market as well. Sometimes it really sucks having to explain why you're 2x or 3x the next guy. But most times you're thankful they just saved you a whole lot of hassle.

jonniesmooth

PlowSite Veteran
Screenshot_20211007-064909_eBay.jpg

BossPlow2010

PlowSite Fanatic
I figured out the seasonal pricing, I have a bid formula that goes back five years. Thanks for all the "HELP"
Glad you got the motivation from us to figure it out, don’t give up on yourself so easily next time, you’ve had the balls to come back here, now have some faith in yourself and business.

since you submitted your bid what equipment are you specing for the property?

Masssnowfighter

I was thinking 10 skid steers and a truck that stays local with a 10 ft wideout,
4 loaders, 16' pushers with at least one of them with metal pless power angle wing plow for getting snow out from the kingpins. 1 skid steer for tight area cleanup. Big salt truck. Pre treating and live edge pushers is absolute must or you will be hating life dealing with 25 acres of hardpack. To put into perspective for you, you will be pushing snow back and fourth the length of 7+ football fields, so skidsteers with plows will be totally useless. You need to make sure they will give up at least 30-40 trailer parking spaces for snow stacking areas because pushing end to end will be a major time drain

Top Forums