56 Acre new construction need some help.

cwren2472

PlowSite Fanatic
On a serious note, I feel everyone who had a smart comment or cant offer actual help, should probably get off this site. You are wasting your own time and mine trying to make a question your humor for the day. This industry is going to complete **** and if there's no support as a community then that's where it belongs. I am POSITIVE, I will be there fighting at the end with all the big accounts I can handle.
Not to be blunt, but in pretty much every post on here, you were either asking for advice, or you were telling the person that was offering the advice that they were wrong. So it really seems like you were just looking for someone to say "whatever you were already planning to use will be just fine."

So, whatever you were already planning to use will be just fine.

cwren2472

PlowSite Fanatic
BTW, silly question. Just how many skids did you mean to type? We established it was a typo but I'm confused by what you meant to say.

Cuz, your post said "10 skid steers." With an S at the end. So if you meant to put 1, it would have been "10 skid steer." If you meant to say "2" skid steers, as you implied later, then you somehow hit "10" instead of "2". So, which was it?

cwren2472

PlowSite Fanatic
Seems a little excessive I think, 2 loaders? Ive done a lot more with a lot less equipment no offense. I am looking for the seasonal price but keep second guessing it.

Okay so you don't think I can handle it with a f450 Wideout, two skids 10ft push box, 1 loader? I will have to disagree here and would love to stay in touch about it if your in the midwest?
Thanks for the support and help, I see we can't disagree here and run successful businesses I guess. Hope we all have a great winter and sorry I asked minus the one guy who suggested the proper equipment who helped me price it correctly .

LOL, wow but no offense we must drive too fast. I had roughly 64 accounts last season. I would love to have someone tell me I do not know my snow. We may operate different yes. Did you ask what size salter I had for my f450 sir?
I will have to disagree here sorry.

Mark Oomkes

PlowSite Fanatic
BTW, silly question. Just how many skids did you mean to type? We established it was a typo but I'm confused by what you meant to say.

Cuz, your post said "10 skid steers." With an S at the end. So if you meant to put 1, it would have been "10 skid steer." If you meant to say "2" skid steers, as you implied later, then you somehow hit "10" instead of "2". So, which was it?

Already been asked and ignored. Also, I don't believe in coincidences and just 2 years ago he had 10 skidsteers he was trying to rent for the summer.

BossPlow2010

PlowSite Fanatic
i think the OP needs to get his story straight and eat a piece of humble pie.
Since only some questions are getting answered, why would a shipping terminal (who’s primary job is logistics) wait until October for a snow bid, and what reason do they have to trust someone who doesn’t know how to bid it?

WIPensFan

PlowSite Veteran
EVERYONE here is a critic but when you come for a quick question and get hassled its not a community sorry. If we want to talk like competition lets continue. I AM NO NOOB TO SNOW REMOVAL, I REPEAT. I have built my life off snow removal thank you!!
Sorry man. That was an inside joke. Meant to get a rise out of Lapeer. Don’t get too frustrated. You’re definitely gonna need a couple pieces of bigger equipment though. And probably a salter that can handle 10-15yds at a time. Maybe bigger…

cwren2472

PlowSite Fanatic
Already been asked and ignored. Also, I don't believe in coincidences and just 2 years ago he had 10 skidsteers he was trying to rent for the summer.

Huh, well well well....

coinkydink-cecily-strong.gif

WIPensFan

PlowSite Veteran
Serious question. As someone who doesn't drive a skidsteer, what is the maximum density of skidsteers you can have driving around on a site in the middle of a blizzard before you reach a 100% certainty of 2 of them colliding?

Edit: typo. I meant to say 10% certanity chance.
That site… 30
If 6-8 of the operators are hungover, still drunk or high, the chances increase exponentially.

WIPensFan

PlowSite Veteran
Honestly OP, go on YouTube and search snowplowing trucking facilities or snow removal at trucking facilities, and see what comes up. I bet you’d get a good idea of what other companies use on this type of site. I’m on it!

BossPlow2010

PlowSite Fanatic
I do not but I’m a fighter, self made, taught myself . I had about the same support you guys gave me in this thread
You got 60 or so other properties by yourself, you’ve been given advice on what won’t work well, no one is going to give you a number, that would be asinine, you’ve got a number, if you win it great, if you screw it up, hopefully
You’ll learn from it.

Top Forums