56 Acre new construction need some help.

Philbilly2

PlowSite Fanatic
The property is 148 acres
So you have
Lot 1: is 2128’x 630’ (not including trailer docks)
Trailer docks in lot 1 = 701 (18x53)
Addtl trailer parking is 923’x542 (including spots where trailers go
Car parking is 57,000 ish including ada spots

We do some math (not the common core way)
Lot 1= 1,340,640
Trailer docks in lot =668,754
Car parking= 57,996
Addtl. Trailer parking= 500,266
Add those up= 2,567,657
Divide that by 43,560 we get 58.95 acres which doesn’t inlcude roads in the property.
It also doesn’t take into account street signs or covered areas,
giphy.gif

Wow... Hey Guy... you are 1,340,640 million square feet high... (about 30 acres) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

"Lot 1" is the building footprint... you don't have to plow the building in Illinois... we utilize roofs..... :rolleyes:

So just using your figures...

58.95 acres - 30.78 acres = 28.17 acres plowable

Michael J. Donovan

Head Moderator, Online Communities
Staff member
giphy.gif

Wow... Hey Guy... you are 1,340,640 million square feet high... (about 30 acres) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

"Lot 1" is the building footprint... you don't have to plow the building in Illinois... we utilize roofs..... :rolleyes:

So just using your figures...

58.95 acres - 30.78 acres = 28.17 acres plowable
let's wait and see if the OP comes back and responds to some questions/suggestions, no need to continue if not

thanks

OP
K
I have a question, is the 56 acres the total acres of land for the terminal or do you have to subtract out for the building and subtract out where trailers are going to be parked. How many trailers are trailers are typically there. This could all lower the acres plowed by quite a bit. Maybe it was said and I missed it.
After taking a ride back threw there yesterday, it is 56 Acres of total concrete surface, will we be plowing all 56 Acres with everything in place, absolutely not, it is new construction so hard to assume how things will go exactly.

OP
K
Why don’t you post your prices so he can base his off yours.:popcorn:
EVERYONE here is a critic but when you come for a quick question and get hassled its not a community sorry. If we want to talk like competition lets continue. I AM NO NOOB TO SNOW REMOVAL, I REPEAT. I have built my life off snow removal thank you!!

OP
K
Exactly, that was my question. 56 acres plow able or do we have to subtract everything that's not be plowed from the 56.

I think the op is in over his head if he couldn't have made that clear in the very first post.
I made it very clear, I was at 56 Acres off my quick measuring skills, I am impressed with phillbilly though haja

OP
K
Try writing down the equipment choices and their efficiency and balance that with your plan And how quickly you can get it done.

loader with 14-16’=X acres per hour somewhere between 6-10 acres hour
That would take 8-10 hours. Need 2.

covering 56 acres ain’t no joke. What if you get a 20” storm. Not A typo. You also need a muni sized salter and probably salt on site. If you fk up they’ll fire you or you’ll be looking for a new place next year with all that gear.

id be drooling over some new huge Hyundai’s and the biggest Metal Pless you can fit.
I feel you are correct, I am trying to be stubborn knowing the amount of traffic here and the site not being open yet. I am low balling my equipment knowing service may lack but we will focus on what they need open. I need to make money this season and alot after last... thanks for your input!

OP
K
Snow will make any boy a man, I live for snow, its been my life. I am so bored in the summer and start preparing and selling snow in late September. I am young and here to be the next generation. I cant stand management companies, feel they are ruining the industry. I am tired of not being paid for my work and not taking any **** from anyone this season. LET IT SNOWWWWWWWWWW

OP
K
On a serious note, I feel everyone who had a smart comment or cant offer actual help, should probably get off this site. You are wasting your own time and mine trying to make a question your humor for the day. This industry is going to complete **** and if there's no support as a community then that's where it belongs. I am POSITIVE, I will be there fighting at the end with all the big accounts I can handle.

Top Forums