Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
60,265 Posts

· Registered
60,265 Posts
More than that. We are union. I need at least 2 or 3 guys leaning on shovels while one guy does the work...
So you are going to retire since that's not enough per hour?

· Registered
4,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
View attachment 189065 View attachment 189064

A few of my own. There was 3/4 of solid ice ending in 2" of standing water .
That's impressive.I put down the treated salt before the 30deg drop in temp.I was trying to keep the standing water and slush from even freezing,that way it would evaporate with the low humidity and 30mph winds.Actually put down less than that 1/2 dusting we got fri. Worked out good this time,had 95% bare pavement. These dopey storms require a little thinking,I got to be careful,I don't want to anyone thinking that I actually know what I'm doing! Silly me,no chance of that !

· Registered
774 Posts
View attachment 189065 View attachment 189064

A few of my own. There was 3/4 of solid ice ending in 2" of standing water .
Yea
Those dang water puddles that stretch the ice around
I've got one at target (it's a poorly design drainage swale)
I'll pull up to it a sit there for a count of 10 just to get more material in it

People look at you weird
Don't mind me... I'm just salting the water!

· Registered
4,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yea
Those dang water puddles that stretch the ice around
I've got one at target (it's a poorly design drainage swale)
I'll pull up to it a sit there for a count of 10 just to get more material in it

People look at you weird
Don't mind me... I'm just salting the water!
That's funny,I was doing the same,turn spinner low ,watch puddle with my downfacing spinner camera an drop away! The deer probably love a chance for some organically enhanced salt water!

· Registered
1,735 Posts
That's impressive.I put down the treated salt before the 30deg drop in temp.I was trying to keep the standing water and slush from even freezing,that way it would evaporate with the low humidity and 30mph winds.Actually put down less than that 1/2 dusting we got fri. Worked out good this time,had 95% bare pavement. These dopey storms require a little thinking,I got to be careful,I don't want to anyone thinking that I actually know what I'm doing! Silly me,no chance of that !
That was a little magic salt and a spray with max melt liquid.

· Registered
60,265 Posts

· Registered
4,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That was a little magic salt and a spray with max melt liquid.
I still haven't finished my spinner sprayer, got to get off my butt and put it together. Still have 30gal of the liquid sample that Bronc dropped off last year. Wetting it must really give it a kick. Do you still service TGIF ? I noticed it was sprayed before the storm along with the Drs office building across the street.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.